Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: The Open-Source 0 A.D. Game Gets An Alpha Build

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Does it run on any open drivers yet? (ie 0ad)
    I just tested it on nouveau on Fedora 13 (the gallium3d driver) and it renders correctly, although it's awfully slow, for obvious reasons. I'm really impressed.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Torrington, Ct. USA
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    From the screenshots I first thought the game was the usual 3D isometric deal.
    But the video floored me, very impressive work on the engine.

    I'd say the interface should be the next prio on the "bling" list, it seems functional though a bit rough

    That's anyway a game I'm going to follow closer than I first imagined.
    Yeah the graphics and ability to scroll and zoom and pan to your heart's content blew me away. I agree about the GUI but I think the enemy AI should be the next priority seeing as there is none. Either way the game has a ways to go but for what it is right now at such an early stage it is quite impressive.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    120

    Default What's a proper release?

    Quote Originally Posted by whizse View Post
    I would prefer a proper FLOSS release of the Build engine.
    What's a proper FLOSS release? The Build engine (1.5) was GPL'd in 2003. EDuke32 wouldn't exist if it hadn't.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdilznik View Post
    Yeah the graphics and ability to scroll and zoom and pan to your heart's content blew me away. I agree about the GUI but I think the enemy AI should be the next priority seeing as there is none. Either way the game has a ways to go but for what it is right now at such an early stage it is quite impressive.
    Pluggable AI's would be neat so you could install them separately if someone comes up with a really twisted one.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCycoONE View Post
    What's a proper FLOSS release? The Build engine (1.5) was GPL'd in 2003. EDuke32 wouldn't exist if it hadn't.
    AFAIK the Build engine is no-commericial, but Duke3D is released under the GPL.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    I'm about to open source my hello world application!!!!!!1111 one one eleven

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    68

    Default

    For the one who asked if it works on open drivers - it works properly on R600c as well. Its kinda slow tho, im not sure why (fancywater was turned off, shadows as well).

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmaker View Post
    For the one who asked if it works on open drivers - it works properly on R600c as well. Its kinda slow tho, im not sure why (fancywater was turned off, shadows as well).
    Hmm on my laptop with a Mobility 4570 it crashes after loading the maps...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Mobility HD2600 using mesa from git.. it works

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Does it run on any open drivers yet? (ie 0ad)
    I can't run it on 7600GS. I haven't tried other setup rigs. But it needs texture compression which nvidia driver doesn't have yet and I don't know if they got it in the ATI or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •