Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Open-Source 0 A.D. Game Gets An Alpha Build

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Does it run on any open drivers yet? (ie 0ad)
    I just tested it on nouveau on Fedora 13 (the gallium3d driver) and it renders correctly, although it's awfully slow, for obvious reasons. I'm really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    From the screenshots I first thought the game was the usual 3D isometric deal.
    But the video floored me, very impressive work on the engine.

I'd say the interface should be the next prio on the "bling" list, it seems functional though a bit rough

That's anyway a game I'm going to follow closer than I first imagined.
    Yeah the graphics and ability to scroll and zoom and pan to your heart's content blew me away. I agree about the GUI but I think the enemy AI should be the next priority seeing as there is none. Either way the game has a ways to go but for what it is right now at such an early stage it is quite impressive.

Default What's a proper release?

Quote Originally Posted by whizse View Post
    I would prefer a proper FLOSS release of the Build engine.
    What's a proper FLOSS release? The Build engine (1.5) was GPL'd in 2003. EDuke32 wouldn't exist if it hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdilznik View Post
    Yeah the graphics and ability to scroll and zoom and pan to your heart's content blew me away. I agree about the GUI but I think the enemy AI should be the next priority seeing as there is none. Either way the game has a ways to go but for what it is right now at such an early stage it is quite impressive.
    Pluggable AI's would be neat so you could install them separately if someone comes up with a really twisted one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCycoONE View Post
    What's a proper FLOSS release? The Build engine (1.5) was GPL'd in 2003. EDuke32 wouldn't exist if it hadn't.
    AFAIK the Build engine is no-commericial, but Duke3D is released under the GPL.

I'm about to open source my hello world application!!!!!!1111 one one eleven

For the one who asked if it works on open drivers - it works properly on R600c as well. Its kinda slow tho, im not sure why (fancywater was turned off, shadows as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaker View Post
    For the one who asked if it works on open drivers - it works properly on R600c as well. Its kinda slow tho, im not sure why (fancywater was turned off, shadows as well).
    Hmm on my laptop with a Mobility 4570 it crashes after loading the maps...

Mobility HD2600 using mesa from git.. it works

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Does it run on any open drivers yet? (ie 0ad)
    I can't run it on 7600GS. I haven't tried other setup rigs. But it needs texture compression which nvidia driver doesn't have yet and I don't know if they got it in the ATI or not.