Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 On Linux

Quote Originally Posted by filip007 View Post
    Nice, why don't you try Radeon HD5970 that should be crazy, i guess but why not.
    What would be the use of running a 5970 when a 5870 would probably give you the same results (if not slightly better because of the higher clock speed). Dual GPU cards are useless in linux (unless your doing GPGPU and the application can actually use more then one GPU)?

I just got another palit gtx 265 thats waiting to be put into my computer... I lost all the cables to my modular power source. So SLI is gonna have to wait till i can find or buy two new 6-pin cables...

But from what i've been reading, I'm only going to get to enjoy SLI in Windows anyways when I do get it running...

That's the good side effect of a modular psu, you have to search for cables If you are lucky you will find 2 adapters in the gfx adapter's box, but then you would need 4 cables to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    and also Unigine Heaven results with tesselation.
    Amen.

I hope the new Catalyst driver fixes the problems those cards were having so we can have some real comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcharron View Post
    Amen.

I hope the new Catalyst driver fixes the problems those cards were having so we can have some real comparisons.
    Nope it didn't.

I guess I shoulda expected nothing more or less out of the ATI camp.

@deanjo

10-8 can run unigine heaven with tesselation. but that seems the only fix visable. the new 2d engine is still pure crap. ati must love compiz/gnome and hate kde4.

@deanjo

10-8 can run unigine heaven with tesselation. but that seems the only fix visable. the new 2d engine is still pure crap. ati must love compiz/gnome and hate kde4.
    That's not what Micheal said,

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=ODU0Nw

Besides the Catalyst 10.8 Linux driver offering OpenGL ES 2.0 support there is also production support for SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop / SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1. In terms of resolved bugs in Catalyst 10.8, it doesn't appear they have yet fixed the show-stopping Unigine Heaven problems for ATI Radeon HD 5000 "Evergreen" series graphics cards, but they have bothered to uselessly fix and note a 6% performance regression for glxgears / fgl_glxgears. Below are their other changes.

Well not all bugfixes are mentioned in the official changelog. But that was fixed for win with both beta 10-7 drivers, just not the release version. 10-8 can run definitely run heaven with tesselation.

Well not all bugfixes are mentioned in the official changelog. But that was fixed for win with both beta 10-7 drivers, just not the release version. 10-8 can run definitely run heaven with tesselation.
    I'll have to take your word for it. I can't justify blowing another cent on AMD gpus to verify until they can actually make it 3 driver releases without some major regression.