Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3TC => r600{c,g}

Hi,

Someone can tell me if S3TC for r600 is implemented in a MESA GIT who is not the master branch? I initially wanted to implement it by myself by checking how it's made in the r300 drivers but I don't think I will be able to do it.

The current r600 implementation detect the external library but the S3TC section in r600_tex.c tell it's "not implemented" so when enabling S3TC in driconf, the error message in Wine change.

S3TC seem to be required for EVE-Online to display correctly. (I don't know if it's the only thing but when S3TC is "enabled", the bigs ugly black squares are replaced by missing icons.).

If nothing is currently made for this thing, can a r600 devel can tell us if it will be available in the next months,years or never?

S3TC seem to be required for a lot of commercial games.

Thanks!

You need the libtxc_dxtn but its very buggy on the radeon Driver. its an know issue but no one cares or has the skills to implement/fix

In the Bug Tracker there are many bug reports about this.

Comment

This is the Bug Report about S3TC

Comment

This libtxc_dxtn work for r300 but not for r600 because it's not implemented.

This bug is open since something like 10 months and nothing has been done except hack to advert s3tc as available and vice-versa. This can help some game but not the one who are really requiring them

Comment

I'm pretty sure it'll eventually get there in r600g. Worry not.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            I'm pretty sure it'll eventually get there in r600g. Worry not.
            I have lost my hope about S3TC. No Dev Talk about it and if you ask directly you get only the answer "Its not implement..."

Comment

what you think about decompressing compressed texture with help of libdxtn and then sending it to gpu.

will be a bit slow but may work at least

Comment

Originally posted by netkas View Post
                what you think about decompressing compressed texture with help of libdxtn and then sending it to gpu.
                I was under the impression it doesn't work for now with r600 and later.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                  I have lost my hope about S3TC. No Dev Talk about it and if you ask directly you get only the answer "Its not implement..."
                  Why don't you implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynut View Post
                    Why don't you implement it?
                    S3TC is patented and s3 is still collecting royalties for it. The patent expires in ~10 years.

free patents, patent information, patent documents online, Espacenet, Espacenet, database, inventions, inventor, innovation, industry, ideas

Comment

Working...
                    X