Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mesa 7.9 Planned For Release In September

Quote Originally Posted by Goderic View Post
    But is Yum as fast as aptitude? I recently used OpenSuse and that Zipper thing was horribly slow in everything it did.
    I'd say yum is a little slower at search (and a hell of a lot slower if you use it with bash-completion), but it also has finer-grained dependency tracking than your typical DEB repositories. AFAIK, this isn't a property of the programs, but of how the repositories are set up.

Of those I've tried, Fedora is also the only major distribution that sensibly integrated 32-bit compatibility--32-bit on 64-bit isn't treated like a second-class citizen, with different names and vastly reduced selection.

A Mesa 7.9 pre-release git snapshot was pulled into Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" yesterday. The package version is mesa 7.9~git20100909-0ubuntu1

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...sa/+bug/631413 for details.

Quote Originally Posted by madbiologist View Post
    A Mesa 7.9 pre-release git snapshot was pulled into Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" yesterday. The package version is mesa 7.9~git20100909-0ubuntu1

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...sa/+bug/631413 for details.
    Thanks for info.
    Does it work reliable on yours hardware?

Yes, it is working fine on my old ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb (R350), running the desktop edition of Maverick. I haven't tried any games yet, but glxgears runs fine, and continues to run fine if I drag it's window around the screen.

Evergreen (Radeon HD5xxx) 3D acceleration is still in at an early stage though. If you want anything more than just mode-setting on an Evergreen you might need to use ATI's proprietary Catalyst driver instead.