Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unigine Announces Its OilRush Game For Linux

Seems like kind of poor timing considering what just happened in the Gulf of Mexico.

This is a perfect reason to upgrade or to build a new computer

Crap, now I have to buy an insanely expensive card to run this shit at 70% of its performance :')

But anyway this is pure gold. I got shivers when watchin that. If this, Rage and even (God forbid) Steam were to come out then this is going to be absoluetly pure gold for Linux.

I am thinking Apple boot times with SysD!
    I am thinking open source graphics!
    I am thinking KDE 4.6!
    I am thinking OpenGL 3.0!
    I am thinking "FSCK YES!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tares View Post
    It looked more like an atom or smth

Anyway Unigine Corp. you have my money
    Be wary of studios pulling an Epic on you...

Quote Originally Posted by MaestroMaus View Post
    Be wary of studios pulling an Epic on you...
    Like that Linux benchmark in which Heaven renders?

VERY NICE!
    I have a weakness for RTS ( and there is a distinct lack of them for linux... too many fps from commercial)

99% certain I shall buy this.
    Question is how good of a RTS is it going to be? SC2 is meh in all fairness, something along the lines of DoW econ would be epic!

I have a feeling it is going to be very bland between the two sides with virtually the same units ( or vary little distinction - as opose to sc, dow...) ie closer to what C&C did

If it's anything like C&C3 (gameplay wise), bring it. Looks awesome anyway. Can't wait to use that nuke .. and under Linux.

Visually gorgeous -- where do I sign up?

I'd preorder months in advance if they will give some special token to people who preorder

This is AWESOME... next best thing since Savage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    VERY NICE!
    I have a weakness for RTS ( and there is a distinct lack of them for linux... too many fps from commercial)

99% certain I shall buy this.
    Question is how good of a RTS is it going to be? SC2 is meh in all fairness, something along the lines of DoW econ would be epic!

I have a feeling it is going to be very bland between the two sides with virtually the same units ( or vary little distinction - as opose to sc, dow...) ie closer to what C&C did
    I saw one side had these little floaty boats that would move real fast and only shoot one gun... the other side had some huge sub that came out of the water and had rapid fire cannons... that sounds to me like there's some variety

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    OK, that *does* look pretty neat. Not exactly what I had in mind when I read "oil rush game"

What was the last weapon in the trailer - a space-based laser or something ?
    Now your task is to make this run with r800c or r800g. Hehehehehehehehe. Best of luck.