Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Radeon HD 6000 Detailed Specs

german heise : "Im Unigine-Benchmark wiederum ist eine GeForce GTX 470 (30,6 fps) jedoch weiterhin schneller als die Radeon HD 6870 (27,7 fps) im DirectX-11-Modus. Die Performance im OpenGL-4-Modus ist mit dem uns vorliegenden Treiber bei gleichen Einstellungen im Vergleich zur Vorgängergeneration jedoch katastrophal, hier erreichte die HD 6870 nur 10,3 fps."

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...n-1123042.html

quick translate into english :"in the unigine benchmark the 470 is faster than the 6870 30,6 to 27,7 if the dx11 mode is used but if someone try out the OGL4 mode the hd6870 is worst with only 10,3 fps "

means if someone use this card on linux with OGL4 the card do have an worst tesselation performance at start...

what da fuck is going on with the OGL driver team ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    That review does not really look impressive, i would say the numbering is wrong, maybe 6770 instead of 6870 would be better...
    To me, it begins to look impressive if you look at transistor counts - die size - power consuption - final price. http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=27053&page=4 , it seems that AMD is making big money!! with less production costs ATI 6850 is achieving a little more performance than an nvidia 460.

And the chip is mainly the same. They are exploding a good product , something equivalent to what blizzard is doing with WOW, or nvidia have done with their previous G92 chips.

@jimbo the price is only good if you compare it to an 5870

but of you compare it to 2 pices of 5770 200€ the price is not so low

remember the 5870 starts at 320€ at release

no,no you didn't get my point at all, I am impressed guessing that AMD is making a lot of money, I am not really impressed if current 6850, 6870 performs much better or is more cheap to the final user.

I am guessing that developing costs are very low due to the fact that HD6000 chip is nearly an evergreen chip. Plus the die size is smaller, this implies that productions cost is reduced.

HD6870 has 255mm2 die size and AMD are selling at the same price of an GTX 470 which has a die size of 529mm2.

AMD is winning in production costs, so they can reduce prices if nvidia tries to sell cheap fermis. AMD is winning on performance too, the chip is more efficient so has room to use more watts, AMD HD6000 top class cards will outperform fermis top class cards.

AMD is playing with nvidia, setting their cards to be only a little more performance / $ vs nvidia cards (they clearly seem to have room for more), and nvidia cannot play, it is owned, their die size and power consuption is at max.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    no,no you didn't get my point at all, I am impressed guessing that AMD is making a lot of money, I am not really impressed if current 6850, 6870 performs much better or is more cheap to the final user.

I am guessing that developing costs are very low due to the fact that HD6000 chip is nearly an evergreen chip. Plus the die size is smaller, this implies that productions cost is reduced.

HD6870 has 255mm2 die size and AMD are selling at the same price of an GTX 470 which has a die size of 529mm2.

AMD is winning in production costs, so they can reduce prices if nvidia tries to sell cheap fermis. AMD is winning on performance too, the chip is more efficient so has room to use more watts, AMD HD6000 top class cards will outperform fermis top class cards.

AMD is playing with nvidia, setting their cards to be only a little more performance / $ vs nvidia cards (they clearly seem to have room for more), and nvidia cannot play, it is owned, their die size and power consuption is at max.
    right amd playes a game with nvidia and the game is called be nvidia:

it show to me amd uses some dirty nvidia stradegies and labels some hd5000 cards into hd6000 cards--

on the price i think amd only sells cheap because there is no opengl-bulledphysik game and no amd exklusive featur game at all.

nvidia playes more dirty they pay gamemakers to use physX and cuda

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    german heise : "Im Unigine-Benchmark wiederum ist eine GeForce GTX 470 (30,6 fps) jedoch weiterhin schneller als die Radeon HD 6870 (27,7 fps) im DirectX-11-Modus. Die Performance im OpenGL-4-Modus ist mit dem uns vorliegenden Treiber bei gleichen Einstellungen im Vergleich zur Vorgängergeneration jedoch katastrophal, hier erreichte die HD 6870 nur 10,3 fps."

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...n-1123042.html

quick translate into english :"in the unigine benchmark the 470 is faster than the 6870 30,6 to 27,7 if the dx11 mode is used but if someone try out the OGL4 mode the hd6870 is worst with only 10,3 fps "

means if someone use this card on linux with OGL4 the card do have an worst tesselation performance at start...

what da fuck is going on with the OGL driver team ?????
    The Linux driver does not suffer from the performance issues. If you're using Windows, go ahead and retest using the Catalyst 10.10a hotfix driver ( http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...10aHotfix.aspx ) for drastically improved OpenGL performance.

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    The Linux driver does not suffer from the performance issues. If you're using Windows, go ahead and retest using the Catalyst 10.10a hotfix driver ( http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...10aHotfix.aspx ) for drastically improved OpenGL performance.
    uhh magic,,, heise should test this again.

So any chance for HD3D support? I've got a viewsonic fuhzion screen, which supported according to the press release. This combined with eyefinity makes me want to upgrade to an 6850 or so. I'd however rather skip buying windows just to play games.

Default more bad news:

the german pcgh show us more bad news about the 6000 series cards:

"Um die GPU weiter zu schrumpfen, verzichtet AMD zurzeit auf die Unterstützung von Double-Precision (DP)"

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,79...fikkarte/Test/

quick translation: the 6870/6850 do not have 64 bit calculation support because of saving transistors.

in my point of view the 6870 is a trash card to low in vram only 1gb and the real limitation in openCL is only the Vram means an 5550 with 2gb vram can beat an 6870 on some calculations only because of the vram and a 2gb vram version of the 5850 beat an 6870 because of the 64bit calculation support and vram in openCL and on superhighend games like ArmA2 Vram matters so the 6870 is a lame Duck!

on texture quality the 5850 ( Texturleistung 52(GTex/s. ) beat an 6870 50GTex/s on exactly 30fps the 5850 can have more quality

the 6870 do have higher vram sped for less textur quality and less vram and less calculation power LOOOOOOL what a waste of good GDDR5 RAM