Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Weeks To PhoronixFest... Errr Oktoberfest

Default Two Weeks To PhoronixFest... Errr Oktoberfest

Phoronix: Two Weeks To PhoronixFest... Errr Oktoberfest

There is just two weeks to go until Munich's 177th Oktoberfest gets underway (though it's the 200 year anniversary) and again there will be a Phoronix presence this year at Oktoberfest...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODU2NQ

I will be in Munich from 1st to 3rd of October, at least that's what I've planned so far. My parents live in Munich, so getting a room isn't that hard for me

I would love to go! I'm actually living temporary in Germany so I might actually get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kimble85 View Post
    I would love to go! I'm actually living temporary in Germany so I might actually get the chance.
    If you haven't experienced it already, be forewarned that Augustiner, Franziskaner, and other great Bavarian beverages are not like Carlsberg, Aass Gull, and the other beers you find up in Trondheim's Vinmonopolets

Unfortunately I am not too much into all taht technical stuff which is being featured at phoronix, just a normal everyday Linux user. Am I still allowed to join you at Oktoberfest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
    Unfortunately I am not too much into all taht technical stuff which is being featured at phoronix, just a normal everyday Linux user. Am I still allowed to join you at Oktoberfest?
    Anyone's welcome unless they become a "Bierleichen"

As I usually don't drink that much, you can be pretty sure that I won't become a Bierleiche . Acutually I'm just exercising for being able to keep up with you guys at Wiesn

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
    As I usually don't drink that much, you can be pretty sure that I won't become a Bierleiche . Acutually I'm just exercising for being able to keep up with you guys at Wiesn
    I can usually do about 10 Maß a day before even thinking about being a Bierleiche (even when weighing less than 72 kilos), so good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If you haven't experienced it already, be forewarned that Augustiner, Franziskaner, and other great Bavarian beverages are not like Carlsberg, Aass Gull, and the other beers you find up in Trondheim's Vinmonopolets
    Hehe true! I visited München earlier this summer and had a great time.

Michael, where will you be staying in Munchen?