Thread: How to support 1366x768 in mips bios?

Default How to support 1366x768 in mips bios?

I'm working on mips platform, our bios is called pmon, the display mode is set by call int10(port from XFree86 int10 module), but there isn't 1366x768 resolution in int10, i want to know how to support it in pmon easier, please help!

if u want to do it via int10, then u will need to edit card's bios - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=211294

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by netkas View Post
    if u want to do it via int10, then u will need to edit card's bios - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=211294
    I can't add new mode Follow the link, it seems that it doesn't fit atombios, i find another way to add new mode, analyze the atombios, replace mode 1024x768 with 1366x768, i will try the new vbios tomorrow,
    hope it will be ok.

Thanks all the same.

Is it a matter of "doesn't fit AtomBIOS" or "doesn't fit the hardware" ? IIRC the hardware likes the H resolution to be a multiple of something - 8 or 16 maybe. You might have more luck trying to set 1360x768, which is an integer multiple of both 8 and 16.

I didn't see any mention of AtomBIOS-related issues in the link, did I miss something ?

If you are using vbe/int10 you are limited to the modes supported by vbe. If you want to program modes other than the ones in the vbe mode list, you really need to use a real driver.

You probably could do a miniature driver capable of only modesetting if you were doing it on an embedded platform though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    You probably could do a miniature driver capable of only modesetting if you were doing it on an embedded platform though, right?
    Yes, i think this should be the correct way, but that beyond my knowledge, too hard for me.