Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HDCP DRM "master key" found?

A virtual machine with windows + anydvd HD is the easiest way...

Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    A virtual machine with windows + anydvd HD is the easiest way...
    For native linux there is also makemkv - not transparent to the system but a lot more transparent than a virtual machine

I think that the most favorable option at the moment is dumphd. It should work OK except on disks that are too new. Note that the libaacs/libbdplus/libbluray projects are now hosted by videolan. libaacs and libbluray are on git, libbdplus isn't yet public.

Note that the projects are being actively developed... see http://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git
    http://git.videolan.org/?p=libaacs.git

Is there any way to decrypt mkbv11 to 14? Otherwise we are still stuck with april 2009 films...

Quote Originally Posted by darkbasic View Post
    Is there any way to decrypt mkbv11 to 14? Otherwise we are still stuck with april 2009 films...
    .. beats me. I don't even own a DB player.

I found an intersting article about HDCP encoding in realtime: HDCP stream decoding in real time

researchers from Stony Brook University[...]estimated that a "high-end CPU with a 64-bit CPU" should be able to decrypt 30 frame per second 1080p content using two cores and around 1.6GB of RAM.
    So looks like Intel leaked these HDCP key to sell more high-end CPU's

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrin View Post
    I found an intersting article about HDCP encoding in realtime: HDCP stream decoding in real time

So looks like Intel leaked these HDCP key to sell more high-end CPU's
    How about running it on a GPU though? GPU's tend to be easier with encrypt/decrypt type functions.

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Bloody edit limit...
    Math glitch... those numbers are a little large... not GB/TB, but Gb/Tb (bits, not bytes). But still... 1 movie = 1 TB.
    Now we need bigger HD's just to hold our uncompressed HD movie collections

We do need a BD player for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    How about running it on a GPU though? GPU's tend to be easier with encrypt/decrypt type functions.
    Bloody edit limit...

GPU's would indeed be a good choice to handle the encrypt/decrypt as well as the compression/decompression if necessary. Nvidia and ATI/AMD still are in an arms race to create the fastest GPU, so we'd win in the end on this one.

Capturing raw hd was done before AACS was cracked as there has been other cracks for HDCP, you can get ~3x lossless low-CPU compression which brings it down to about 60-70 MB/s and ~300 GB for a movie. If I remember correctly the one I read about only used a dual RAID0 array to do it. And a HDMI capture card, of course.

It's not so much that it can't be done as that there are better alternatives. It doesn't help Linux users at all because it's DRM on the graphics output, not the source material. The only people who really benefit is some Chinese company who'll make a better HDCP stripper.