Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: AMD catalyst 10.9 has been released

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i build packages and upgrade the packages by dpkg
    So do I under Opensuse 11.2/64. Can anybody confirm that in that case - even though the different versions show wrong values - the driver is up to date?

    Regards,
    Martin

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Guess the community didn't dot the i's and cross the t's enough for the dev team to look at the problem until now. The external link clearly states evergreen and the driver version.... no one cares enough about a binary blob that's been griefing them with lackluster quality for years now. if they did care maybe they would of effectively gone through all the loops of reporting it so the dev team couldn't ignore it.

    Fglrx couldn't die any slower a death now can it?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartysmart34 View Post
    So do I under Opensuse 11.2/64. Can anybody confirm that in that case - even though the different versions show wrong values - the driver is up to date?

    Regards,
    Martin
    the driver is up to date and to proove this is easy.

    10.8 do have litle blackwindows bug 10.9 do not have black windows bug.

    10.8 can handle the standart 32 bit flash in 10.04 kubuntu and the 10.9 goes down if you switch from fullscreen to windows mode only strg+alt+f1 and after that strg+alt+f7 brings the screen back.

    every FGLRX in the past do have an 'bug-'signatur''' i can tell you the version number if i use the driver and watch the bugs and i can tell you some beta driver numbers to in that way ;-)

    every fglrx is an individual!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default

    catalyst 10.9 still has a terrible slow blur effect:
    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...736#post141736

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    10.8 can handle the standart 32 bit flash in 10.04 kubuntu and the 10.9 goes down if you switch from fullscreen to windows mode only strg+alt+f1 and after that strg+alt+f7 brings the screen back.
    Are you telling me, that if flashplayer / the screen hangs I can go to the text-console by pressing strg*alt+F1?
    On my 64-Bit Opensuse 11.2 with desktopeffects/compiz enabled this caused the system to hang under 10.8 and even before.

    I would be glad as hell, if this finally worked again. With 32-Bit suse all was fine. After changing to 64-Bit the system hung up (but only with 3d-Desktop (compiz) enabled).

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartysmart34 View Post
    Are you telling me, that if flashplayer / the screen hangs I can go to the text-console by pressing strg*alt+F1?
    On my 64-Bit Opensuse 11.2 with desktopeffects/compiz enabled this caused the system to hang under 10.8 and even before.

    I would be glad as hell, if this finally worked again. With 32-Bit suse all was fine. After changing to 64-Bit the system hung up (but only with 3d-Desktop (compiz) enabled).
    Failing to delete the /etc/ati folder often leads to wrong version number showing in CCC.

    To get the right version numbers in CCC:

    1. Uninstall old driver.
    2. delete /etc/ati folder
    3. install new driver

  7. #57

    Default

    Shouldn't the rpm-package generated by the installer take care of this by itself?!?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluggo View Post
    Failing to delete the /etc/ati folder often leads to wrong version number showing in CCC.

    To get the right version numbers in CCC:

    1. Uninstall old driver.
    2. delete /etc/ati folder
    3. install new driver
    It would seem that deleting the files in /etc/ati doesn't get it to report the correct version number. I'm assuming that deleting the directory as well shouldn't make much difference cause 10.9 has populated /etc/ati again but still reports old version number.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartysmart34 View Post
    Are you telling me, that if flashplayer / the screen hangs I can go to the text-console by pressing strg*alt+F1?
    On my 64-Bit Opensuse 11.2 with desktopeffects/compiz enabled this caused the system to hang under 10.8 and even before.

    I would be glad as hell, if this finally worked again. With 32-Bit suse all was fine. After changing to 64-Bit the system hung up (but only with 3d-Desktop (compiz) enabled).
    there is another way to get a better flash feeling in 64bit just stop using the 32bit flash and get the 64bit flash

    yes its not 'stable' but more stable than the 32bit flash in 64bit linux.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugginz View Post
    It would seem that deleting the files in /etc/ati doesn't get it to report the correct version number. I'm assuming that deleting the directory as well shouldn't make much difference cause 10.9 has populated /etc/ati again but still reports old version number.
    only the 2D version number is right... this is a known bug just ignore it!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •