Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: AMD catalyst 10.9 has been released

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i build packages and upgrade the packages by dpkg
    So do I under Opensuse 11.2/64. Can anybody confirm that in that case - even though the different versions show wrong values - the driver is up to date?

Regards,
    Martin

Guess the community didn't dot the i's and cross the t's enough for the dev team to look at the problem until now. The external link clearly states evergreen and the driver version.... no one cares enough about a binary blob that's been griefing them with lackluster quality for years now. if they did care maybe they would of effectively gone through all the loops of reporting it so the dev team couldn't ignore it.

Fglrx couldn't die any slower a death now can it?

Quote Originally Posted by smartysmart34 View Post
    So do I under Opensuse 11.2/64. Can anybody confirm that in that case - even though the different versions show wrong values - the driver is up to date?

Regards,
    Martin
    the driver is up to date and to proove this is easy.

10.8 do have litle blackwindows bug 10.9 do not have black windows bug.

10.8 can handle the standart 32 bit flash in 10.04 kubuntu and the 10.9 goes down if you switch from fullscreen to windows mode only strg+alt+f1 and after that strg+alt+f7 brings the screen back.

every FGLRX in the past do have an 'bug-'signatur''' i can tell you the version number if i use the driver and watch the bugs and i can tell you some beta driver numbers to in that way ;-)

every fglrx is an individual!

catalyst 10.9 still has a terrible slow blur effect:
    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...736#post141736

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    10.8 can handle the standart 32 bit flash in 10.04 kubuntu and the 10.9 goes down if you switch from fullscreen to windows mode only strg+alt+f1 and after that strg+alt+f7 brings the screen back.
    Are you telling me, that if flashplayer / the screen hangs I can go to the text-console by pressing strg*alt+F1?
    On my 64-Bit Opensuse 11.2 with desktopeffects/compiz enabled this caused the system to hang under 10.8 and even before.

I would be glad as hell, if this finally worked again. With 32-Bit suse all was fine. After changing to 64-Bit the system hung up (but only with 3d-Desktop (compiz) enabled).

Are you telling me, that if flashplayer / the screen hangs I can go to the text-console by pressing strg*alt+F1?
    On my 64-Bit Opensuse 11.2 with desktopeffects/compiz enabled this caused the system to hang under 10.8 and even before.

I would be glad as hell, if this finally worked again. With 32-Bit suse all was fine. After changing to 64-Bit the system hung up (but only with 3d-Desktop (compiz) enabled).
    Failing to delete the /etc/ati folder often leads to wrong version number showing in CCC.

To get the right version numbers in CCC:

1. Uninstall old driver.
    2. delete /etc/ati folder
    3. install new driver

Shouldn't the rpm-package generated by the installer take care of this by itself?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluggo View Post
    Failing to delete the /etc/ati folder often leads to wrong version number showing in CCC.

To get the right version numbers in CCC:

1. Uninstall old driver.
    2. delete /etc/ati folder
    3. install new driver
    It would seem that deleting the files in /etc/ati doesn't get it to report the correct version number. I'm assuming that deleting the directory as well shouldn't make much difference cause 10.9 has populated /etc/ati again but still reports old version number.

there is another way to get a better flash feeling in 64bit just stop using the 32bit flash and get the 64bit flash

yes its not 'stable' but more stable than the 32bit flash in 64bit linux.

Quote Originally Posted by mugginz View Post
    It would seem that deleting the files in /etc/ati doesn't get it to report the correct version number. I'm assuming that deleting the directory as well shouldn't make much difference cause 10.9 has populated /etc/ati again but still reports old version number.
    only the 2D version number is right... this is a known bug just ignore it!