Thread: Where Wayland May First Appear In Use By A Distro

Default Where Wayland May First Appear In Use By A Distro

Phoronix: Where Wayland May First Appear In Use By A Distro

Yesterday there was a gathering for a few hours among X.Org developers for those who arrived early into Toulouse. There were a number of topics discussed over those few hours while drinking Paulaner (though unfortunately, no interviews were yet recorded), including Wayland with Kristian Høgsberg...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODYwMQ

What sort of touch devices does Intel do? With the limited app support I don't quite see it in a tablet, only in an appliance. Medical panel pc?

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    What sort of touch devices does Intel do? With the limited app support I don't quite see it in a tablet, only in an appliance. Medical panel pc?
    Intel and Nokia are co-developing Meego. It is to replace Maemo for Nokia and Moblin for Intel. Every high-end Nokia device will be running this with the Ovi Store being mostly Qt applications. There will also be IP Telephones, Set Top Boxes, Internet TVs, Tablets and GPS devices using Meego.

It's going to be pretty big and have a lot of applications.

I think Wayland + Qt will be a developer's paradise. Lets hope they make some nice dev tools. This is to compete with iOS devices after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacha View Post
    Intel and Nokia are co-developing Meego. It is to replace Maemo for Nokia and Moblin for Intel. Every high-end Nokia device will be running this with the Ovi Store being mostly Qt applications. There will also be IP Telephones, Set Top Boxes, Internet TVs, Tablets and GPS devices using Meego.

It's going to be pretty big and have a lot of applications.

I think Wayland + Qt will be a developer's paradise. Lets hope they make some nice dev tools. This is to compete with iOS devices after all.
    And Android devices. MeeGo doesn't stand a chance in its 1.0 form, which is why it wasn't demoed in the recent NokiaWorld conference.

http://qt.gitorious.org/~krh/qt/qt-w...ommits/wayland

What's the state of the Qt Wayland backend? Does it work already? Seems that Kristian Hgsberg and Jesse Barnes are both working on it.