Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: 64-bit Adobe Flash Linux Support Is Back

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepDayze View Post
    This...and it's about time we reduced our dependency on Flash and rely more on open standards for presenting video content.
    We and what army?

    If it stays on Windows, it stays for good (and forever).

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    We and what army?

    If it stays on Windows, it stays for good (and forever).
    It goes beyond Linux. There are a lot of Windows and Mac users wanting open standards too. In fact, Apple fanboys are especially ecstatic about promoting HTML5 due to the whole Apple vs. Adobe quarreling.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yfrwlf View Post
    It goes beyond Linux. There are a lot of Windows and Mac users wanting open standards too. In fact, Apple fanboys are especially ecstatic about promoting HTML5 due to the whole Apple vs. Adobe quarreling.
    No, there are not. Only the usual geeks (like you and me) know or care. For the rest (vast majority), Flash works and they don't even know what it actually is.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    No, there are not. Only the usual geeks (like you and me) know or care. For the rest (vast majority), Flash works and they don't even know what it actually is.
    I think people care, when they can't use flash on their iphones.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tball View Post
    I think people care, when they can't use flash on their iphones.
    I think that people who use ijunk don't have a brain and therefore are incapable of caring.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    The thing is, though, these people are exactly the sort of people the websites want to reach.

    Therefore, if they can't use flash, it's important.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    944

    Default

    The porn industry is supporting html5 video so flash is already dying. I'm not against flash as a vector animation plugin. It's great in that role, but as a video player it's a complete pile of absolute crap.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    25

    Default

    The Linux version of Adobe's Flash Player meanwhile continues to go without any form of video hardware acceleration.
    This may be wrong, AFAICT, as looking at the new version there seems to be CrystalHD support:
    Code:
    $ strings libflashplayer.so | grep crystalhd
    libcrystalhd.so
    Haven't tested it, though, so don't know if it actually works

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    The porn industry is supporting html5 video so flash is already dying.
    And, as we all know, the pr0n industry's EVERYTHING.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Last I checked, the pr0n industry is still in bed with serving up WMV everywhere. All the pay sites do anyways.

    PS: I know this because all the porn torrents are WMV still.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •