Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AMD On Linux & Systemd Were Very Popular This Month

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,702

    Default AMD On Linux & Systemd Were Very Popular This Month

    Phoronix: AMD On Linux & Systemd Were Very Popular This Month

    Published this month on Phoronix were 259 original news stories and 28 featured, multi-page articles covering various open-source and Linux topics...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgyNzU

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Popular? Systemd? Ha ha, not likely.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaprikawn View Post
    Popular? Systemd? Ha ha, not likely.
    Yea it's unpopularity contributed to it's use in nearly every distro.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default lazy

    Quote Originally Posted by grndzro View Post
    Yea it's unpopularity contributed to it's use in nearly every distro.
    I guess that major distro's use it because they are getting lazy. Not maintaining init scripts for every different distro.
    Yes, I agree that systemd not following linux ground rules and thus being perceived as monolithic as well as the unresponsiveness of the development team might drive individuals - like me - away from that monster. But distro's follow the easy (lazy?) way out.

    But popular? I would say notorious.

    Frans.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fransdb View Post
    I guess that major distro's use it because they are getting lazy. Not maintaining init scripts for every different distro.
    Yes, I agree that systemd not following linux ground rules and thus being perceived as monolithic as well as the unresponsiveness of the development team might drive individuals - like me - away from that monster. But distro's follow the easy (lazy?) way out.

    But popular? I would say notorious.

    Frans.
    Arch has never been known for being Lazy. Neither has Suse/OpenSuse.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grndzro View Post
    Arch has never been known for being Lazy. Neither has Suse/OpenSuse.
    Arch is all about following upstream as closely as possible while keeping their own custom bits as simple as possible. Some may call that wise. You could call it lazy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •