Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ati miracle :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Also, trying to do anything else while GL VSync with composite is currently active, the thing crashes more often than not.
    Me thinks I should wait till 10.10 release in order to avoid disappointment.

Default Convert?

Hi Yall,

can anyone point to a howto, to convert the sauce file (very tasty..?), into an installable .run file?

Tanks.

GreekGeek :-)

fglrx is lie. just get over it muzzas

I couldn't help myself and had to install Ubuntu 10.10RC with fglrx 10.10beta.

I'd say it's definitely better than 10.9 but as always there's forward and backward progress. So far it looks like much more forward progress than backwards I'm happy to say.

So far the biggest borkedness would be when running SMPlayer, when you full screen the video by double clicking and then double click to un-fullscreen you can be left with some screen corruption but by dragging the SMPlayer window around over the whole screen its contents gets painted back properly.

Window resizing is really, really fast.
    Google Earth is really fast too.
    Chrome and Firefox are very happy and there's no black window bug so far.
    Flash is fine. I added the OverrideGPUValidation=true string to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and full screen video playback is good.

Time will tell but it's looking like a fairly good driver. Maybe the 10.10 release driver could be the one we've been waiting for?

After seeing many people reporting, that fglrx 10.10 is working with HoN, I updated my Ubuntu today. What should I say, everything looks good. Nice driver release. That was the one I was waiting for, since 10.4.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGeek View Post
    Hi Yall,

can anyone point to a howto, to convert the sauce file (very tasty..?), into an installable .run file?

Tanks.

GreekGeek :-)
    LOL--- there is no sauce file ;-) and there is no .run for 10-10-

Quote Originally Posted by mugginz View Post
    I couldn't help myself and had to install Ubuntu 10.10RC with fglrx 10.10beta.

I'd say it's definitely better than 10.9 but as always there's forward and backward progress. So far it looks like much more forward progress than backwards I'm happy to say.

So far the biggest borkedness would be when running SMPlayer, when you full screen the video by double clicking and then double click to un-fullscreen you can be left with some screen corruption but by dragging the SMPlayer window around over the whole screen its contents gets painted back properly.

Window resizing is really, really fast.
    Google Earth is really fast too.
    Chrome and Firefox are very happy and there's no black window bug so far.
    Flash is fine. I added the OverrideGPUValidation=true string to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and full screen video playback is good.

Time will tell but it's looking like a fairly good driver. Maybe the 10.10 release driver could be the one we've been waiting for?
    sure i tell you this in the past ;-)

me the oracle tells you this in the past ---

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    sure i tell you this in the past ;-)

me the oracle tells you this in the past ---
    In the past you've made statements about the quality of future releases that haven't proven to be true. You the oracle is not batting with a very good track record. I might not ring my bookie just yet.

And also, they've fixed some things and broken others. It's not quite time for the party yet, and while I deal with this breakage in ATI's driver nVidia users are getting on with their lives not having to deal with this kind of stuff.

Maybe the party can start on the 10th of the 10th, 2010? One can only hope.

New and exiting news from the land of Ubuntu 10.10RC, fglrx and Eyefinity.

When enabling an Eyefinity configuration it works as expected.... until a reboot. When X is restarted it's back to no Eyefinity until you re-enable it again in the Catalyst Control Centre.

Funnily enough, if you configure your system for separate desktops, so while the mouse pointer will move between monitors you cant drag windows between them, it will stick between boots. Just not a single desktop over multiple monitors.

I spose I cant have everything.....

Quote Originally Posted by mugginz View Post
    When enabling an Eyefinity configuration it works as expected.... until a reboot. When X is restarted it's back to no Eyefinity until you re-enable it again in the Catalyst Control Centre.
    What is this "rebooting" you speak of