Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: LibreOffice Is The New OpenOffice.org

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    Oracle contributes more to linux than Ubuntu.
    Since when contribution is only the amount of code lines?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    when you are a company: this is the only form of contributing that counts.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    when you are a company: this is the only form of contributing that counts.
    If what you said would be true, then Ubuntu wouldn't be the most popular distribution.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDesk View Post
    If what you said would be true, then Ubuntu wouldn't be the most popular distribution.
    and that is a good thing?

    I don't think so.

    Besides, what does linux get from ubuntu's popularity?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    and that is a good thing?

    I don't think so.

    Besides, what does linux get from ubuntu's popularity?
    More trolls, obviously.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Increased popularity of Ubuntu generally doesn't benefit GNU/Linux directly, however having multiple popular operating systems has the same benefit having multiple popular office suites does: standards. Not being locked in to, and therefore relying upon, one vendor.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    and just look around, more and more stuff pops up for ubuntu-only. Gonme are the days of a simple tar.gz everybody could use. No, it has to be an ubuntu deb - for the ubuntards who think that making linux into a windows clone is a good idea.

    Ubuntu does not contribute. It is even hurting linux.

    And Blackstar, nice try but we both know that you have zero arguments.

    When Canonical has more linux, alsa, gcc, X, binutils patches than Mandriva, IBM or even ORACLE, they might be considered something else besides leeches.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    and just look around, more and more stuff pops up for ubuntu-only. Gonme are the days of a simple tar.gz everybody could use. No, it has to be an ubuntu deb - for the ubuntards who think that making linux into a windows clone is a good idea.

    Ubuntu does not contribute. It is even hurting linux.

    And Blackstar, nice try but we both know that you have zero arguments.

    When Canonical has more linux, alsa, gcc, X, binutils patches than Mandriva, IBM or even ORACLE, they might be considered something else besides leeches.
    But you have to admit they are the best at what they do:
    - they have the least sucky mainstream Linux distro.
    - they are the best leeches of the lot by far.

    I love them.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •