Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: r300g: Is it really accelerated?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515

    Default

    To your reference, this is my results with fglrx 10.10 beta in Ubuntu maverick.

    Code:
    Lightsmark:
        lightsmark [Resolution: 1920 x 1080]
        Test Run 1 of 1
        Expected Trial Run Count: 3
            Started Run 1 @ 15:47:48
            Started Run 2 @ 15:49:52
            Started Run 3 @ 15:51:54
    
        Test Results:
            54.92
            55.48
            54.99
    
        Average: 55.13 Frames Per Second
    This was benchmarked on a C2D 2.5 GHz, with HD4650.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tball View Post
    To your reference, this is my results with fglrx 10.10 beta in Ubuntu maverick.

    Code:
    Lightsmark:
        lightsmark [Resolution: 1920 x 1080]
        Test Run 1 of 1
        Expected Trial Run Count: 3
            Started Run 1 @ 15:47:48
            Started Run 2 @ 15:49:52
            Started Run 3 @ 15:51:54
    
        Test Results:
            54.92
            55.48
            54.99
    
        Average: 55.13 Frames Per Second
    This was benchmarked on a C2D 2.5 GHz, with HD4650.

    If you have access to win7, can you try it under win7?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Beiruty View Post
    If you have access to win7, can you try it under win7?
    I practically never use windows 7, but here are the benchmark result:
    173.9 fps, while playing an audio file.

    I didn't expect that result.
    That is even with a much older catalyst version.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default

    3X between Win OpenGL and Mesa3D (gallium3D). A lot of Performance optimization is needed. Nonetheless, all Open Software effort is greatly appreciated.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beiruty View Post
    3X between Win OpenGL and Mesa3D (gallium3D). A lot of Performance optimization is needed. Nonetheless, all Open Software effort is greatly appreciated.
    No there is over 3 times the performance of the proprietary windows opengl implementation against the proprietary opengl linux implementation. I didn't use the oss driver in linux, but fglrx.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default

    here is lightsnark with Catalyst 10.04? can we seen Gallium3D Vs ATI benches?

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d_hd4290&num=3

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    625

    Default

    I thought this thread was about R300-R500.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marek View Post
    I thought this thread was about R300-R500.
    Sorry, you are correct. Can we see it for R500?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marek View Post
    I thought this thread was about R300-R500.

    Sorry, you are correct. Can we see it for R500? However, that means we need to compare Cat 9.3 to the latest r300g.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beiruty View Post
    I douwnloaded and installed lightsmark 2008 V2 on winxp. It run and it sarted great between 30 fps and 60 fps with Audio Music. However, less than a minute screen corruption started showing and crashed the video card.

    I guess AMD OpenGL on winxp are not that great either! But I saw amazing fps!
    In all honesty, that sounds a lot less like a driver problem and a lot more like malfunctioning hardware. Actually seeing the corruption in question might help narrow it down a bit more, though.

    I regularly run very intensive OpenGL apps in windows on my ATI card with no issues. While it's certainly possible your benchmark app hits some particular driver path that isn't as stable as what my apps hit, the "runs fine for a bit, gets corrupted looking, crashes" is almost the textbook prime symptom of an over-heating GPU.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •