View Poll Results: Wasn't able to play game because lgp server were down?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • The server is always working

7 53.85%
  • Sometimes

2 15.38%
  • Frecuently

1 7.69%
  • Hard to find the server up

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LGP server ( linuxgamepublishing.com ) down

Post Hard disk and backup simultaneous failure

Since yesterday the LGP website give this message:

" Due to a hard drive failure which occurred at the same time as our backup system failed, the site is currently down. We expect to have full data recovery within the next few days. "

I've never seen LGP's server down before, then again I've only ever had to validate my key once for each of the games I bought from them (X2, X3, Sacred, Jets n Guns) and can still play them just fine. I still play the bejesus out of X3: Reunion all the time. Oddly enough if you try to access happypenguin.org you get the same exact message word for word. Are those two sites joined at the hip or is that just a standard automated error message?

HP is hosted by tuxgames which is owned by mike of lgp...so they all go together.

Quote Originally Posted by liamdawe View Post
    HP is hosted by tuxgames which is owned by mike of lgp...so they all go together.
    I hope they solve the problem, meanwhile I can't play the game I rented and can't send them an email because the mail server is also down.

Try the IRC channel. Maybe you can find someone affiliated with the company there

It's kinda amazing. They run tuxgames, linuxgamespublishing, hp, their mail on 1 PC without a RAID or at least continuous backup? C'mon! I hope it's not also their development machine with thin clients all over the office...

Quote Originally Posted by krzta View Post
    It's kinda amazing. They run tuxgames, linuxgamespublishing, hp, their mail on 1 PC without a RAID or at least continuous backup? C'mon! I hope it's not also their development machine with thin clients all over the office...
    To be fair, not only did their main server die, but the backup as well. Not really a fun situation.

And AFAIK, they host HP as a service to the community, so give them some cred.

I have X3 and X2, and both are working just fine. Start is somewhat slower, I can see that they try to contact the DRM server @LGP (via wireshark) and fail, but given the fact that my keys have been verified, the games work just fine.

Never the less, LGP should find a way to solve this problem. E.g. use a an external hosting for their DRM servers?

- Gilboa
    DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB, GTX780, F20/x86_64, Dell U2711.
    SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F20/x86_64, Dell U2412..
    BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F20/x86-64.
    LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F20/x86_64.

Default np

Never had a problem with my LGP games or any other game bought from tuxgames. Just hoping theyĺl get something out the door before this christmas

Try this

launch the security manager and click on update key

enter your key again and press OK

then it will tell you it cant reverify without internet connection

and it will work (for me at least). Though I didnt rent games. I bought them normally (Sacred and X3)