- fusion was one of the reasons for AMD to start the OSS effort. They are committed to getting OSS fusion drivers out there.
- the current drivers won't just work, fusion support has to be added first.
- the fusion drivers will very likely be written using Gallium3D, not classic mesa (depending on the maturity of G3D/r600g when the drivers are started).
- bridgman has said somewhere that his team has access to an early fusion board, so they may already be working on it.
- we don't know any timeframe when the fusion drivers will be released. With evergreen, it took ~8 months between the card's release and working drivers, but that time seems to shorten for each new generation. It's possible that fusion drivers will be ready when fusion launches, but there's no official word on any of those.