Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mesa 7.9 Has Now Been Released

Default Mesa 7.9 Has Now Been Released

Phoronix: Mesa 7.9 Has Now Been Released

Just as planned, Mesa 7.9 has now been released! This 7.9 release of this open-source graphics library is huge with a plethora of Gallium3D improvements (to the drivers, state trackers, etc), core Mesa improvements (including new OpenGL extensions), a new GLSL compiler, and much more...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODY1MQ

In case anyone wants to see it in action.
    http://en.kendincos.net/video-ntrpfn...7-9-devel.html

nice video. thx. good to see gallium3d becoming a reality.

Mesa 7.9 aka the r300g/default release.

Let's hope Mesa 7.10 becomes the r600g equivalent.

Let us hope they will release 7.10 sooner than 7.9 . I hate having to use git code for my drivers...

They need to have a proper release policy. At least a new version every 3 months. It is not that hard...

7.9 was released on time, so they do have a proper release policy, no?

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    7.9 was released on time, so they do have a proper release policy, no?
    Do you have a problem understanding simple statements? My problem is with the time it took from 7.8 to 7.9 . 6 fscking months for God's sake!

They need to release more often. Even if it means releasing versions with fewer changes, that is ok. But having to wait for 6 months for an updated 3d driver is ridiculus.

I don't care waiting for releases, because my distro of choise has table tested mesa git code and it's called Fedora.

If you would not care about stable tested bleeding edge then you wouldn't care about more frequent Mesa releases.
    And that's perfecrly fine; less testing means more time pushing Mesa forward, for which Gallium3D is not finnished anyway.

Does that upset Templar?

Most people are just going to use whatever is included with their distro or in community repositories, and for those that are trying to manually install it they can figure out how to download from git easily enough anyway.

I don't see much need for more frequent releases than the 6 month distro release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    I don't care waiting for releases, because my distro of choise has table tested mesa git code and it's called Fedora.

If you would not care about stable tested bleeding edge then you wouldn't care about more frequent Mesa releases.
    And that's perfecrly fine; less testing means more time pushing Mesa forward, for which Gallium3D is not finnished anyway.

Does that upset Templar?
    I use Fedora, but where do you get the mesa git rpms? I use Fedora 13, and I don't want to use Rawhide or F14 Beta. All I've been able to get is 7.8.x