Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 5450 on ubuntu 10.10 Software rasterizer?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jecos View Post
    Pretty sure xorg-edgers ppa doesn't include evergreen-accel branch last time I checked..otherwise yes it has new kernel and xorg.
    evergreen-accel was merged to master like 9 days ago, so yes. You might want some beyond-edge kernel stuff which is not yet in the main tree or drm-next kernels offered by the Kernel Mainline PPA though.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    catalyst 10.10 and his worst flash performance in firefox4 makes me remove fglrx install kernel 2.6.36+xorg-edgers and now on Radeon/mesa :-)



    at the first start no bugs show to me... and the startup feels 1-2seconds faster.

    and my flash problem... yes radeon is faster on watching youporn vids in firefox4.

    But... in the first 10 minuts kde crashs and kdm restards..

    firefox4 save my text here...

    kde shows me drkonqi akonadi resource kills

    akonadi_ical_resource PID: 2445 signal: 6 (Aborted)

    ok i try to ignor that.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    catalyst 10.10 and his worst flash performance in firefox4 makes me remove fglrx install kernel 2.6.36+xorg-edgers and now on Radeon/mesa :-)



    at the first start no bugs show to me... and the startup feels 1-2seconds faster.

    and my flash problem... yes radeon is faster on watching youporn vids in firefox4.

    But... in the first 10 minuts kde crashs and kdm restards..

    firefox4 save my text here...

    kde shows me drkonqi akonadi resource kills

    akonadi_ical_resource PID: 2445 signal: 6 (Aborted)

    ok i try to ignor that.

    Yep radeon (running evergreen 5850) crashed gdm/X for me when I had multiple flash vids open.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jecos View Post
    Yep radeon (running evergreen 5850) crashed gdm/X for me when I had multiple flash vids open.
    You're probably hitting a known bug that's already fixed. Did you guys read the message above:

    Quote Originally Posted by tormod View Post
    You might want some beyond-edge kernel stuff which is not yet in the main tree or drm-next kernels offered by the Kernel Mainline PPA though.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    You're probably hitting a known bug that's already fixed. Did you guys read the message above:
    ok right... means 2.6.37 kernel is needed..

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    i just wana say with the 2.6.36rc8 kernel i do not have any crashes anymore.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    12

    Default

    i'm using kubuntu w/ xorg edgers on a hd5670 but i still get the software rasterizer.

    these are the versions of the relavant packages:

    kernel 2.6.36-rc8
    xserver 1.9.0.901+git20101005+server
    xserver-xorg-video-radeon 6.13.99+git20101017
    mesa 7.10.0+git20101015
    libdrm 2.4.22+git20101012

    any idea?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    989

    Default

    Try xvinfo first, if it doesn't list any adaptors then you don't have any acceleration at all and your xorg.log or dmesg may contain some clues. If you do have acceleration look at the output of LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo for clues why you get software rasterizer.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    12

    Default

    thanks. i just had to add my user to the 'video' group.

    since this was a fresh kubuntu install i wonder if i should file a bug report about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •