Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google's Go Has Been Called To Go Into GCC 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by Ranguvar View Post
    I guess they decided to ignore/close Issue 9 (http://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=9).
    I doubt that they chose to ignore it given the litigous times we live in, likely some sort of 'arrangement' took place.

Quote Originally Posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    I doubt that they chose to ignore it given the litigous times we live in, likely some sort of 'arrangement' took place.
    Google is making sure his books wil actualy sell and help him with publicity.

BTW Plan 9's Go > the original Go anyway. It benifits society more than a single individual. I mean; how dare they?!

I too, though issue9 was a real problem at first. But now I realize it's a non-issue. Go! is not the same as Go. Searching for Go! Programming Language should still find resources about the old Go!, if it gets any relevance some day, just like searching for C# Programming Language doesn't return any C nor C++ pages unless these are cited.

They are in their right to close this issue, it was only flooding.

But I agree that issue9 would be a far cooler name.

Quote Originally Posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    Your interest in a programming language depends on the compiler framework?
    This isn't news about a programming language, but the adoption of it in a compiler framework. So my interest in the adoption in a compiler framework depends on the compiler framework, yes that is correct.