Thread: A Peek Into The X.Org Stack For Ubuntu 11.04

Default A Peek Into The X.Org Stack For Ubuntu 11.04

Phoronix: A Peek Into The X.Org Stack For Ubuntu 11.04

The general X.Org planning summit for Ubuntu 11.04 just ended at the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Orlando. Here's a few key highlights from this hour-long discussion about the make-up of the X.Org / graphics stack for the Natty Narwhal release due for release in April...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODcyMg

Nah, 11.04 will go with .37 I bet you.

I bet you 1000000000000 Intarwebz points!

Quote Originally Posted by Yfrwlf View Post
    Nah, 11.04 will go with .37 I bet you.

I bet you 1000000000000 Intarwebz points!
    I wouldn't be so cavalier about my points, but I seriously doubt .38 will be included. There's a shortened .37 merge window for the Kernel Summit. The Christmas holiday is coming, which generally causes a decline in kernel development activity. Neither of those rule out .38, but I don't think it will even be released in time -- much less tested by Canonical.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown96 View Post
    I wouldn't be so cavalier about my points, but I seriously doubt .38 will be included. There's a shortened .37 merge window for the Kernel Summit. The Christmas holiday is coming, which generally causes a decline in kernel development activity. Neither of those rule out .38, but I don't think it will even be released in time -- much less tested by Canonical.
    Yes, Canonical is now more careful with using newer kernels.
    But it still takes ages for fixes for bugs in kernel reported after the beta or rc of their distro has been released.