Thread: Intel Gulftown + LLVMpipe Is Awesome

Default Intel Gulftown + LLVMpipe Is Awesome

Some kind PTS-using folks at Intel managed to get a Gulftown CPU sent out... finally (or any up-to-date CPU for that matter; a Core i7 970) and with its six-cores + Hyper-Threading are great... A review will be out in a few days along with a variety of other benchmarks, but with Gallium3D's LLVMpipe driver running across all twelve cores, the results are rather astonishing! Stay tuned..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Some kind PTS-using folks at Intel managed to get a Gulftown CPU sent out... finally (or any up-to-date CPU for that matter; a Core i7 970) and with its six-cores + Hyper-Threading are great... A review will be out in a few days along with a variety of other benchmarks, but with Gallium3D's LLVMpipe driver running across all twelve cores, the results are rather astonishing! Stay tuned..
    Hm... Does this mean Intel's premise on GPUs wasn't as half-baked as AMD and NVidia claimed it to be?

I think LLVMpipe on Gulftown may even be faster than Intel's classic Mesa driver with most of their IGPs.