Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam kills Censorship free games in Germany

Default Steam kills Censorship free games in Germany

http://www.pcgames.de/Call-of-Duty-B...ersion-796131/

steam blocks Censorship free import versions in germany..

with steam germans can only play the mickymouse baby kid barby version.

i hate steam for that! in german its legal to import an US game and play it privat

i have an Quake3 orginal US version this version is banned in germany but privat i can play it.

thats the german law... but STEAM just hurt people like me thats it!

i wana play the orginal and maxium GORE and BLOOD and NASTY orginal US version of a game! like Soldier of Fortune and Postal2

but this fucking STEAM bullshit kills all fun in germany.

When it is only activation time you can use an open vpn for that - or something like tor, then you most likely get a foreign ip.

Germans can't handle fake violence. That's why they made laws about it. Steam does the right thing here.

Not :P

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Germans can't handle fake violence. That's why they made laws about it. Steam does the right thing here.

Not :P
    'Not' LOL yes,.. i hate German so much.

German do have up to 85% full dump and stupid totally braindeath people.

and the german scool force that shit i know tonns about outstanding WRONG things in the german scool books.

for exampel germans can get the highest scool certification without any computer skills thats because the "schulfremdenprüfung"/Scoolcertification without scool just check about 3 languages and mathematic and bio/physic thats all....

means high skilled in germany means ZERO computer skill.

thats just an exampel but it hurts and 98% of the scools do have 'windows' and MS-office means they really make sure you learn 'nothing' about beeing an FREE Citicenship.'

'Elster' the german TAX software makes sure you use 'windows' by LAW!

BOOHH i HATE German !

So if I understand this correctly... Germany has a law regarding violence in video games, and STEAM only allows you to purchase the German version of games, which adhere to this law? And you are upset at STEAM for just following the law, like they are required to do? The alternative is what? Break the law and have the courts either force them to pay some penalty/fine or shut down business in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by janl View Post
    So if I understand this correctly... Germany has a law regarding violence in video games, and STEAM only allows you to purchase the German version of games, which adhere to this law? And you are upset at STEAM for just following the law, like they are required to do? The alternative is what? Break the law and have the courts either force them to pay some penalty/fine or shut down business in Germany?
    The law allows importing the uncensored version of the game from elsewhere. Steam would be covered by that. Some shops, like Video Clubs, are also allowed to sell uncensored versions (this is how I bought Quake 1 back when I was living in Germany) because minors aren't allowed to enter Video Clubs anyway (another funny German law.)

It's just that Steam wants to make a name for itself in Germany, appearing to be suitable for gamers under the age of 18. Of course, adults will be unable to get the normal version from Steam now.

(Damn edit time limit :P)

If people think this is nothing to worry about, think again; censorship is done in a very bad manner sometimes. For example, the German version of some games replaces vital parts of games with half-assed alternatives. For example, human enemies are replaced by robots. Imagine playing Fallout 3 and the world is occupied by robots. It's hilarious sometimes. But it utterly destroys the game.

Quote Originally Posted by janl View Post
    no you are wrong the law is difference i can buy an US version in the US an i can play it on my PC privat thats legal!

and steam and this fucking DRM kills my freedome of use this kind of stuff.

i have the right by LAW to do this in my privat room.

so much stupit people LOL

Blame Activision. If they didn't use Steam, they would use their own crap activation system and implemented something similar to this.

Germany is known for these kinds of retarded laws. It's like the Church saying that sex is evil and should only be done to procriate. "The forbidden fruit is the most desired" and all that. I hate it when a small group of people get to decide what they think is best for everybody else.

PS: Quake was banned?? But, you only get to kill zombies and monsters. Maybe it's because of the dogs? That's a strange country you live in...