Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steam kills Censorship free games in Germany

Sometimes when reading this discussions I get the feeling that people only get worked up about this blood and gore thing because they can't get it. It's like a bunch of kids who you forbit to eat from the cake... and now their biggest desire is to have some of the cake.

I mean seriously... it's just a game. And they are about as enjoyable with or without blood. Did it really matter that C&C had robots instead of humans in the German version? No... and if it would have had them in the English version, no one would have complained and demaded humans as soldiers.

P.S.: Yes I am from Germany, and I think that kind of censor ship is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i have an Quake3 orginal US version this version is banned in germany but privat i can play it.
    It ain't banned, in that case you wouldn't be allowed to import it either. It is only forbidden to publically display and / or advertise it, as well as to sell it to minors.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Sometimes when reading this discussions I get the feeling that people only get worked up about this blood and gore thing because they can't get it. It's like a bunch of kids who you forbit to eat from the cake... and now their biggest desire is to have some of the cake.

I mean seriously... it's just a game. And they are about as enjoyable with or without blood. Did it really matter that C&C had robots instead of humans in the German version? No... and if it would have had them in the English version, no one would have complained and demaded humans as soldiers.

P.S.: Yes I am from Germany, and I think that kind of censor ship is unnecessary.
    about the blood thing - I have to agree. I forget what game (possibly UT3, or L4D) that many people were complaining about because the German version was missing things, and that it sucked, etc etc etc. Then someone pointed out that the only thing different was the missing blood - and that it said a lot if people needed that to make it a good game!
    There's only one game where I'd argue that a little bit of gore enhances the atmosphere - AvP. Even then, from what I've seen of the latest game it could certainly be toned down a lot and not affect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post

there are some games like carmageddonII in this game its essencial to kill all the lifing thinks on the map

and the bloodfree robotic version of carrmageddon is also banned in germany.

because the hole point of the game is killing ALL around you to win!