Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam kills Censorship free games in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    Germany is known for these kinds of retarded laws. It's like the Church saying that sex is evil and should only be done to procriate. "The forbidden fruit is the most desired" and all that. I hate it when a small group of people get to decide what they think is best for everybody else.

PS: Quake was banned?? But, you only get to kill zombies and monsters. Maybe it's because of the dogs? That's a strange country you live in...
    yes Quake 1 and quake2 and quake 3 and doom 1 and doom 2 and doom 3 and wolfenstein 1 and wolfenstein 2 and wolfenstein3 and postal 1 and postal 2 and soldier of fortune 1 and soltier of fortune 2 and soldier of fortune3 and many more games are banned in germany

germany is the worst place for an gamer in the WORLD!

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Blame Activision. If they didn't use Steam, they would use their own crap activation system and implemented something similar to this.
    no i blame steam because steam is DRM and online activation and this makes playing in germany worst!

steam is just the WORST for gamers like me... in germany an gamer can just shot them self in the heat because of steam

These games are not banned. They've been "indexed", meaning they can only be sold to adults because no censored version of them has been published.

Banned games are something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    These games are not banned. They've been "indexed", meaning they can only be sold to adults because no censored version of them has been published.

there are 4 differend banned steps in germany

first step FSK18 means you need to be 18

then "Alterseinstufung USK nach Jugendschutzgesetz verweigert" means its to hard for 18+

then Indiziert in germany its banned light named "indiziert"

there are also banned tittles for privat users Wolfenstein for exampel is not on the 'Index' for indiziert wolfenstein is banned by law for privat users. but not only nazi flag games are banned by Police there are normal games like "Condemned: Criminal Origins" and "Soldier of Fortune" also banned

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategor..._Computerspiel

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategor..._Computerspiel

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post

means you are wrong an 18+ shop can not sell you commandos or soldier of fortune or Condemned: Criminal Origins because the police come and close the shop if they sell this games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    When it is only activation time you can use an open vpn for that - or something like tor, then you most likely get a foreign ip.
    We have the same problem in Australia - there's no "18+" category for games, so anything that doesn't fit into the "15-18" rating gets "refused classification" and can't legally be sold.

I couldn't read the German article, but if you can get the game activated with your Steam ID (via VPN etc.), you SHOULD be able to play it in other areas, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do enforce region locking on loading of certain games

and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it's odd for a country to use such harsh tactics to "protect" people from depictions of its violent past (I know it's not directly related to CoD, but an article linked from Wikipedia says part of the censorship is "Removal of what Germany deems 'anti-constitutional symbols'")

In Germany, government own you.

Srsly, one of the biggest gun manufacturer, Heckler und Koch is german based. Same for Austria, Steyr. Belguim with FN and Israel with IMI have this too?

I mean. Common. There is more than enough real weapons in the wild. Actually its not a joke. You can have a gun, but you cannot buy game with guns.

But there are blood patches and piratebay. Hehe. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by grantek View Post
    but an article linked from Wikipedia says part of the censorship is "Removal of what Germany deems 'anti-constitutional symbols'")
    i unterstand the symbol problem and yes for me its ok go got alternativ symbol in games

but there are games censored with no symbols "condemned: Criminal Origins" for exampel is banned by the Police and the game does not hit any symbol law's

means censorship in germany isn't a clear 'law' usage

in general censorship is bad and the use of banning games are only a way to makes clear no one can make an game against nazis for exampel Wolfenstein was banned by the police but in germany the symbole usage is legal if the games are against nazism
    ''''
    means the police is just fasism ans they use there power to hurt 'Left' side people.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i wana play the orginal and maxium GORE and BLOOD and NASTY orginal US version of a game! like Soldier of Fortune and Postal2
    If you want an uncensored version of Postal 2, gog.com has it for $10, and it's DRM free.

You can most likely buy whatever games you want outside of Steam. It's not like anyone is forcing you to buy from them. Of course this doesn't work for Steam only games like Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    playing in germany worst!
    I think many Australians would challenge you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
    I think many Australians would challenge you on that.
    I have seen both systems (and seen games that were banned or modified under both systems) and Germany has a censorship system thats FAR worse than Australia.