Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Can The Unigine Engine Get Any Better? Yes, And It Has.

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Will you guys be offering an SDK and/or modding tools with Oil Rush?

    What digital distribution system will you guys be using?


    Heck we might as well make a ask the Unigine developers thread. And thanks for giving enough a damn to respond to our questions.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irritant View Post
    Then you need a new point of view.
    ? if i can buy an game and i can play a game that is much more than just an technic demo like unigine

    my point of view is right and just realistic the only 2 cool thinks on unigine are linux support and tesselation.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    ? if i can buy an game and i can play a game that is much more than just an technic demo like unigine

    my point of view is right and just realistic the only 2 cool thinks on unigine are linux support and tesselation.
    1) Your point of view is just that and nothing more. It's neither right or wrong- it's just an opinion based off your feelings. So far you've not given any facts either way on this one, Qaridarium.

    2) You can buy ARMAII, yes- but it's a WINDOWS game. Until you can buy it for Linux, you can't even claim the things you are right at the moment to be comparable, or even facts in evidence.

    3) Why don't you wait and see if there's any games to be sold with the engine before you go on any further rants and raves, k?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    ArmaII is a lot of fun, but;
    1. It's not as beautiful as Oilrush
    2. Doesn't even work with Wine in any way
    3. I'm dying to play an original game again

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    1. It's not as beautiful as Oilrush
    But he doesn't feel that this is the case. He's said so.

    2. Doesn't even work with Wine in any way
    Heh...that's a dealbreaker on that one. And, you'd think he'd realize that this was the case and give it a rest, but, nooooo....

    3. I'm dying to play an original game again
    Well, OilRush is going to be one of those. There's more on the way. :-D

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Arma 2 doesn't use PAE because I have 64bit win7 and it doesn't make jack of a difference with 8Gig of ram. The game still sux anyway. :P

    If anything Ungine should be compared to Unreal 3 engine which is even starting to show it's age. It should probably be release open source actually... I just wish UT3 made it to Linux. It was so close but never made it. I guess UT3 was not a great game though which is why the linux client was halted...

    Oil Rush looks like it's going to be an original game for sure.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b15hop View Post
    Arma 2 doesn't use PAE because I have 64bit win7 and it doesn't make jack of a difference with 8Gig of ram. The game still sux anyway. :P
    watch the patchlevel chancelog Arma2 use PAE

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    watch the patchlevel chancelog Arma2 use PAE
    Well it's a bit late now. I gave up on that game years ago. Been playing fallout 3 instead.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •