Thread: Microsoft's cases of success: destroy netbook market

Default Microsoft's cases of success: destroy netbook market

It was the "great new" of the netbook market: windows XP and Seven.Both OS did succeed in destroy a emerging market with linux.. netbooks. All in favor of a useless piece of fashion: ipads.

http://www.goodnewsforeveryone.com/t...k-friday/03594

Netbook with linux: market raise.
    Netbook with windows: market fail.

Now let's see the fight on the tablet PC how it end: meanwhile, for the smartphone fight looks like Android Linux did win this one.

Do we need Google to pop out with their Chrome OS.. or the HWM (hardware manufacturer) will finally realize they need to support Linux?

in germany right now microsoft lose hardly

right now you can get an 299 full featured HP amd notebook 15" class with linux and an dualcore with 4gb ram HP 15" amd notebook with linux for 385
    sure with an hd4250 onboard GPU...

2 of my frends buyed the 385 notebook ans this hardware with linux is awesome.

with windows you can't get this kind of hardware for that price.

if you wana buy a netbook you are forced to intel thats because all amd netbooks are W_IND_OWS netbooks

but yes you can get an 250 linux netbook with an intel cpu.

in my point of view if i can buy cheap and good hardware with linux microsoft Dies be sure

in 2011 i buy an amd fusion mini-itx system and be sure without windows

Just a recent experience re netbooks and win/linux:

Got a new, (but phased-out) eee t91 tablet. Comes with winxp, which runs sort of somewhere between 'ok' and 'meh', battery lasts 5h. Installed ubunt 10.10 netbook, runs wonderfully, feels much better, smoother, more polished than xp. But battery lasts only 4h.

So I'm reluctantly staying with xp.
    Who's fault? (I really don't know).

Quote Originally Posted by not.sure View Post
    Who's fault? (I really don't know).
    Compiz (Desktop effects)

Anyway, Ubuntu come by default with a wonderful tool which analyze the power usage. With a graph

It help you dig out what's leeching all your battery's power.

@Qaridarium: the real thing that annoy me isn't Microsoft (which are just doing their business); but all the HWM (Hardware Manufacturer) that wiggle their tail at Microsoft feet.

The problem isn't Microsoft, but a bunch of companies that are occupying the market with their heavy, coward, ass.

Quote Originally Posted by alexan View Post
    @Qaridarium: the real thing that annoy me isn't Microsoft (which are just doing their business); but all the HWM (Hardware Manufacturer) that wiggle their tail at Microsoft feet.

The problem isn't Microsoft, but a bunch of companies that are occupying the market with their heavy, coward, ass.
    right thats really strance

but just don't buy VIA/NVidia hardware buy amd or intel hardware---

right now i have the choice to buy linux hardware in the past there was not an single notebook with linux..

i never buy a notebook in my life i alwys build my system by my self.

i should stop building my system by my self just to get the linux market share higher LOL