Thread: Fedora 15 Has A Release Schedule, But Will It Be Met?

Default Fedora 15 Has A Release Schedule, But Will It Be Met?

Phoronix: Fedora 15 Has A Release Schedule, But Will It Be Met?

The Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) has approved the release schedule for Fedora 15, the next release of this community Red Hat Linux operating system that was recently codenamed Lovelock...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODc3Ng

I wouldn't get all that worked up about a release schedule slipping by a few days. One week going to really make a difference?

It's a slow news day.

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    I wouldn't get all that worked up about a release schedule slipping by a few days. One week going to really make a difference?
    I realy like Phoronix for these articles Full pro

I'm looking forward for "Paris Hilton can not wait for a new Fedora release. We too.".

Phoronix articles are as professional as their benchmarks

Fedora's release schedules are a standing joke. A good-natured joke: those guys&gals really stuff the envelope; it can take a while to sift the contents and seal the flap. Better late than too early.

Fedora 15 will be the "Upstream Gnome 3.0 showcase" distribution, so quite important (note that I am excited about both Gnome Shell and Unity).

I really hope they make SELinux more user-friendly because it's a rather nice security feature. I actually took the time to learn a bit about it to know how to use it and can see the benefits (at least for servers), but I understand why most how-to's on getting something to work on Fedora say to turn it off.
    If 15 comes out on time will it be the first Fedora to have that "feature"?

At least Fedora doesn't ship a release too early so they can use a date based version number.

Ubuntu will rush out a release just so it won't end up being version 10.11 or 10.05. Heck just last month Ubuntu made it a point to release 10.10 on 10/10/10.
    I'll take releasing when it's ready any day.