Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Beta 2 Of The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,627

    Default Beta 2 Of The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

    Phoronix: Beta 2 Of The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

    A month ago there was the 1.0 beta release of the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, which are the software libraries created to help in the development of the E17 desktop. EFL 1.0 also marks a point of API/ABI stability and is being used by projects outside of E17 proper, such as with Samsung's Enlightenment usage. Today the second beta of the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries is now available...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODc4Mg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    how "complete" is e17 at this point from an application POV??? (ie media players etc.)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    how "complete" is e17 at this point from an application POV??? (ie media players etc.)
    native apps i mean

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    What native apps are you referring to? Not really sure what you mean there - it's not it's own OS, or emacs. Eclipse, firefox, pidgin, all run fine for me under it. Still a few bugs here & there of course, but it's been quite useable for some time now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    native as in native toolkit ie apps written using EFL/Elementary

    for example is there an EFL frontend for mplayer, frontend for networkmanager, frontend for telepathy a media player etc???

    i assume that this kind of work will start (if at all) after they release 1.0

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    The whole point of this release is that they're fairly certain the ABI/APIs are stable. Apps written against the EFL should be good to go.
    As for actual apps made - well I've never been one to go for front ends where I could avoid it. However when I've time I do mean to have a look at exchange.enlightenment.org - seems to be a bit of what you're after there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    we don't have a lot of programs, actually, as we focus on the release. We have a music player, a video player (based on xine or gstreamer), I'm writing a multi-document viewer (actually, the library, someone else is working on the GUI), a photo viewer, a photo manager, a media center, an Identi.ca client, a game, and other tools. Of course, there is Enlightenment itself.

    The small number of apps shows that we are lacking of manpower. So if you want to contribute, you are more than welcome

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Great! I like E17/DR17, but with the rise of compositing and SVG; is Enlightenment not getting a bit behind the times? I remember them saying that they won't do 3D...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vtorri View Post
    we don't have a lot of programs, actually, as we focus on the release. We have a music player, a video player (based on xine or gstreamer), I'm writing a multi-document viewer (actually, the library, someone else is working on the GUI), a photo viewer, a photo manager, a media center, an Identi.ca client, a game, and other tools. Of course, there is Enlightenment itself.

    The small number of apps shows that we are lacking of manpower. So if you want to contribute, you are more than welcome
    sadly my coding skills are not good enough to get involved in projects

    however if you need an icon or something like that for your projects i might be able to help

    shoot a pm if you are interested

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    sadly my coding skills are not good enough to get involved in projects

    however if you need an icon or something like that for your projects i might be able to help

    shoot a pm if you are interested
    We also need people for the website, so, icons, design, etc..

    feel free to join our irc chan #edevelop@freenode

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •