Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Quick Test Of OpenGL In Mac OS X 10.6.5

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    but other than that the OS sucks
    Care to elaborate, or are we just making blanket statements?

I agree that there's reason to be skeptical of Apple's motivations in some things (I especially disagree with their lack of support for VP8/WebM via HTML5 in Safari), but the OS behind their machines is IMHO pretty nice, and I'd love to hear what you think is wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veerappan View Post
    I agree that there's reason to be skeptical of Apple's motivations in some things (I especially disagree with their lack of support for VP8/WebM via HTML5 in Safari)
    Yeah, that sucks. It feels like it's more a situation of "we decide what to add to safari, thank you".
    Quote Originally Posted by Veerappan View Post
    but the OS behind their machines is IMHO pretty nice, and I'd love to hear what you think is wrong with it.
    I don't know about V!NCENT but I myself hate the fact that the menus are so far away from the windows (unless they are maximized). Also, I don't know if it's mac os's fault or it's users's, but why do all macs look the same desktop-wise? Aren't there customization options in there?

PS: Pheww!!! Beat the 1min edit limit!!!

Personally, I just let my background auto-rotate every 15-20 minutes, keep the dock where it started, and keep the default color scheme. I do know that you can move the dock around (e.g. vertical bar on the left side), auto-hide it, etc.

I did find a Creative Commons book about customizing the UI, but I haven't read past the first few pages and the ToC:
    http://www.chatelp.org/second_draft.pdf

As far as the Menu bar and window management scheme. It's different, I'll grant you that. I find it nice that my menu is always in the same place, but I'm mostly a keyboard-based person. I use as many shortcuts as possible and avoid menus when I can. That, and Expose is a wonderful feature (although Win7 and Compiz have similar features now).

Well, here my computer benchmark before and after update from 10.6.4 to10.6.5
    Not munch to say...

On both test I was using the nvidia gpu.

http://global.phoronix-test-suite.co...99-29413-22716