Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open-Source AMD Fusion Driver For Ontario Released

Hybrid View

Default Open-Source AMD Fusion Driver For Ontario Released

Phoronix: Open-Source AMD Fusion Driver For Ontario Released

While we are still waiting on open-source support for the AMD Radeon HD 6000 series of graphics cards that were released last month, today AMD is releasing their initial open-source support for their Ontario hardware. AMD's Ontario is their low-powered Fusion processor designed for use in netbooks and other such devices. This dual-core chip with integrated Radeon HD 6250 graphics is only starting to ship now, but the open-source support for this first AMD Fusion chip is now available to Linux users, complete with 3D support.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=15484

Nice!

Off-topic: no offence but that pic grossed me out >.<

Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    Off-topic: no offence but that pic grossed me out >.<
    As far as beer covered lederhosens go, blame some crazy person from Denmark that spilled an entire Maß of Augustiner everywhere.

a driver for not released hardware ?? ? ?

were can i buy an amd fusion system ? ?

fuck. i was getting exited that my dumbass provincial government created some retardedly useful law that required the open sourceability of amd drivers. But naturally they are more interested in important shit, like spending my money.

misleading article title for poor L33F3R. he calls foul ball.

Quote Originally Posted by L33F3R View Post
    fuck. i was getting exited that my dumbass provincial government created some retardedly useful law that required the open sourceability of amd drivers. But naturally they are more interested in important shit, like spending my money.
    Hahahah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As far as beer covered lederhosens go, blame some crazy person from Denmark that spilled an entire Maß of Augustiner everywhere.
    The guys over at LGP had the same problem last month... (this was the last time I swear)

Now back on topic: Even if there will only be full open-source support in distros by March, that will still be better than the past GPUs from AMD. These are good news indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    But still you took a picture to remember the fun you had

By the way, this AMD open source approach makes a lot of sense from a business perspective also. Since better open source support means better android support is AMD moving into this market?

And please correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    By the way, this AMD open source approach makes a lot of sense from a business perspective also. Since better open source support means better android support is AMD moving into this market?

And please correct me if im wrong
    AMD (or was it ATI) used to build embedded hardware but it sold off that department a few years ago. So rather doubtful.