Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe Flash 10.2 Brings Linux Video Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by MiUNX View Post
    The 1080p IMAX sample is crap, try an actual trailer in 1080p and compare performance. There is no improvement what-so-ever over previous version... using 64bit preview here.
    VLC and Mplayper plays nicely almost any 1080p with just Xv. Why is it so hard to have falsh player do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Beiruty View Post
    VLC and Mplayper plays nicely almost any 1080p with just Xv. Why is it so hard to have falsh player do the same?
    That depends on your system. An i7 will indeed play any 1080p video nicely. A sempron or atom system on the other hand...

Using your gpu will give you smooth playback on any system.

It looks that the 32 bit version can use vdpau, a very simple check:

strings libflashplayer.so |grep libv
    libvdpau.so
    libvdpau.so.1

Quote Originally Posted by Kazade View Post
    And you know this based on what evidence?

I personally think it's very likely that they were working on a Linux client, because of the leaked stuff. And I'd like to believe it's still on the cards, But when Valve have publicly stated that they are NOT working on one, you need to give a little more evidence when stating the contrary. Is there something you know that we don't?
    I do believe there is something that Michael knows that we don't, perhaps some insider information etc. Anyway, if a couple of months from now we still don't hear anything official from Valve, then we should demand an explanation from Michael

Just to clarify things: The 32 bit version has VDPAU support, the 64 bit version doesn't have that (yet). Check the binaries.

Next accelleration mode:

strings libflashplayer.so |grep crystalhd
    libcrystalhd.so

That's even found in 64 bit 10.3.

Kano, it still boggles my mind why CrystalHD doesn't use one of the common APIs (VDPAU or VA-API).

No idea, but xbmc has got native support for it, but i don't have got test hardware. I think the wetab has it in the hd variant.

Quote Originally Posted by wpoely86 View Post
    That depends on your system. An i7 will indeed play any 1080p video nicely. A sempron or atom system on the other hand...
    Actually I was surprised when I played a 1080p with pretty high bitrate on a P4 with 3 ghz and a radeon x300 with r300g. It worked really nice with xv.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiruty View Post
    Because flash is the crappiest software of the moment.