Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good News Out Of Unigine's Linux Game Competition

My guess is 2011 won't be a great year but 2012 or maybe 2013 will be after time for development of these proposals

Found one

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dilogus-winds-of-war

It is suspicious that they now support linux, but not mac, and that they will team up with some awesome guys (in this case unigine, I guess)

Yes it is a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    My guess is 2011 won't be a great year but 2012 or maybe 2013 will be after time for development of these proposals
    Oh, I wouldn't count 2011 out by TOO much. We'll just have to see what comes of next week and what it does for the positioning of Linux gaming as a whole...

I'm hopeful for a repeat with HIB #2, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by giselher View Post
    Found one

It is suspicious that they now support linux, but not mac, and that they will team up with some awesome guys (in this case unigine, I guess)

Yes it is a RPG
    I find it curios about the lack of OSX support (could be no machines, no people- I'd have a few issues with providing versions of a title without those... ) but we'll just have to see. They'd be foolish to not do OSX support if they can at all help it- about as foolish as not doing Linux versions in light of all that's going on right now.

Found one

Yes it is a RPG
    Hah, when I saw that on moddb I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't count 2011 out by TOO much. We'll just have to see what comes of next week and what it does for the positioning of Linux gaming as a whole...

I'm hopeful for a repeat with HIB #2, myself.
    I'm making the point that designing and implementing a good games takes time - even perhaps even especially when using an advanced tool kit such as Unigine

I'd rather wait a while and get an immersive game with a believable and enjoyable story line where I want to play purely to find out what happens next

There are a lot of games out there for Linux that fall down with poor single player and story lines - World Of Padman is fun but I think it would be amazing with a fun and quirky story line with the levels as missions

Phoronix is repeatedly claiming that Steam is coming to Linux. Does this information has any official confirmation? Couse I was unable to find any. The only thing is Valve's job offerings for Linux programmers which hardly mean that "Valve's Steam / Source Engine (is) coming to Linux" anytime soon or at all.

If I'm missing something could someone point me in right direction?

awesome news. I think games with high re-playability and tactics is the way to go. even better if you get a good level creator with it and good online play.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    I find it curios about the lack of OSX support (could be no machines, no people- I'd have a few issues with providing versions of a title without those... ) but we'll just have to see. They'd be foolish to not do OSX support if they can at all help it- about as foolish as not doing Linux versions in light of all that's going on right now.
    for the OSX part, it'll come later next year from what i read but it's not official yet...

Found one

Yes it is a RPG
    They have a website on some of those pictures: Dilogus.com

There's nothing there at the moment, which would make sense if they wanted to lock in the domain, but weren't sure if the game would be going ahead (ie if it would win the competition.)

Unigen sponsoring all 3 top projects makes me want to go out and buy all the projects when they come out, just to thank them for giving Linux gaming the stalemate-breaker linux gaming has long needed. We've had a couple of indie successes to point to in the past (World of Goo, Humble Indie Bundle). Now if we get 4+ AAA titles that all sell like hot cakes, it will show there is *money* here. After that, everything else is relatively easy.

Oh, and the fact there is no Mac version just makes it all the sweeter.

Peace, humans