Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by m_gol View Post
    Also, there weren't any significant errors in Linux versions of games in the first bundle. Here we have Braid that doesn't work, Cortex Command providing disfunctional 64-bit version and Revenge of the Titans with a simple bug in deb creation (the solution posted above worked for me, even for amd64 edition). So, no problem for me only with installation process of Osmos and Machinarium (the latter to be a Flash game so packaging it must have been easy).
    Osmos had a bug in the font which meant it failed to load on recent versions of TrueType, so most of the text was missing and the game was unplayable. People have had all sorts of fun issues with Machinarium; my personal problem is that the mouse doesn't work properly, but no-one else seems to have suffered that particular issue.

Simple fix for the Osmos font loading problem: open fonts/FortuneCity.ttf in fontforge, go to File -> Generate Fonts, generate a new TrueType font file (tell fontforge to ignore the problems and generate it anyway), and replace the original fonts/FortuneCity.ttf with your newly-created file.

Quote Originally Posted by makomk View Post
    People have had all sorts of fun issues with Machinarium; my personal problem is that the mouse doesn't work properly, but no-one else seems to have suffered that particular issue.
    I have a mouse problem here too: in fullscreen, the pointer moves very slowly and with huge lag when its graphic is altered, and in windowed mode I can't click on anything. Crappy flash player..

Quote Originally Posted by makomk View Post
    People have had all sorts of fun issues with Machinarium; my personal problem is that the mouse doesn't work properly, but no-one else seems to have suffered that particular issue.
    Not no one else, I experience the same... As long as there is a usual mouse pointer it's OK but once it changes into some action icon (like marching legs indicating one can go somewhere) it lags behind.

I don't experience any font problems in Osmos, though.

Damn 1-minute edit window... I wanted to add I don't use the default Ubuntu Flash Player (which is always 32-bit, in 64-bit case handled via nspluginwrapper) but an alpha 64-bit one from this PPA repo:
    https://launchpad.net/~sevenmachines/+archive/flash

OT: Why, oh why doesn't Osmos have a multiplayer mode? It just screams for it and it should be quite easy to implement compared to all previous work. If a player can fight with an AI, it's also possible to insert another player there...

@Svartalf

Of course i have got flash 10.3 64bit in my browser, but the game is shipped with flash polayer 10 32bit integrated. Or is there an option to extract it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    @Svartalf

Of course i have got flash 10.3 64bit in my browser, but the game is shipped with flash polayer 10 32bit integrated. Or is there an option to extract it?
    Yes, it would be useful... It should work then considering that a game demo works fine in a browser.

Workaround for Machinarium: play in windowed mode to avoid the pointer lag, and hold the right mouse button pressed while clicking with the left. Not ideal, but at least it's playable.

Try this:
    Code:
    dd if=Machinarium of=Machinarium.swf ibs=1 skip=$(grep -abo FWS Machinarium|cut -f1 -d:|tail -1)
    Then just use your webbrowser...

Try this:
    Code:
    dd if=Machinarium of=Machinarium.swf ibs=1 skip=$(grep -abo FWS Machinarium|cut -f1 -d:|tail -1)
    I've done the same thing before to run N. The Linux version of Flash 6 just wasn't cutting it. As was said earlier, they should have just released it this way.

Try this:
    Code:
    Thanks, I'll try it. Is there a way to integrate it back with a different version of Flash Player? I'd still prefer to run it in fullscreen outside of the browser...