The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by makomk View Post
    People have had all sorts of fun issues with Machinarium; my personal problem is that the mouse doesn't work properly, but no-one else seems to have suffered that particular issue.
    I have a mouse problem here too: in fullscreen, the pointer moves very slowly and with huge lag when its graphic is altered, and in windowed mode I can't click on anything. Crappy flash player..

Comment

• Originally posted by makomk View Post
      People have had all sorts of fun issues with Machinarium; my personal problem is that the mouse doesn't work properly, but no-one else seems to have suffered that particular issue.
      Not no one else, I experience the same... As long as there is a usual mouse pointer it's OK but once it changes into some action icon (like marching legs indicating one can go somewhere) it lags behind.

I don't experience any font problems in Osmos, though.

Comment

• Damn 1-minute edit window... I wanted to add I don't use the default Ubuntu Flash Player (which is always 32-bit, in 64-bit case handled via nspluginwrapper) but an alpha 64-bit one from this PPA repo:

OT: Why, oh why doesn't Osmos have a multiplayer mode? It just screams for it and it should be quite easy to implement compared to all previous work. If a player can fight with an AI, it's also possible to insert another player there...

Comment

• @Svartalf

Of course i have got flash 10.3 64bit in my browser, but the game is shipped with flash polayer 10 32bit integrated. Or is there an option to extract it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
            @Svartalf

Of course i have got flash 10.3 64bit in my browser, but the game is shipped with flash polayer 10 32bit integrated. Or is there an option to extract it?
            Yes, it would be useful... It should work then considering that a game demo works fine in a browser.

Comment

• Workaround for Machinarium: play in windowed mode to avoid the pointer lag, and hold the right mouse button pressed while clicking with the left. Not ideal, but at least it's playable.

Comment

• Try this:
                Code:
                dd if=Machinarium of=Machinarium.swf ibs=1 skip=$(grep -abo FWS Machinarium|cut -f1 -d:|tail -1)
                Then just use your webbrowser...

Comment

Try this:
                  Code:
                  dd if=Machinarium of=Machinarium.swf ibs=1 skip=$(grep -abo FWS Machinarium|cut -f1 -d:|tail -1)
                  I've done the same thing before to run N. The Linux version of Flash 6 just wasn't cutting it. As was said earlier, they should have just released it this way.

Comment

Try this:
                    Code:
                    Thanks, I'll try it. Is there a way to integrate it back with a different version of Flash Player? I'd still prefer to run it in fullscreen outside of the browser...

Comment

Try this:
                      Code:
                      That worked, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X