Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Still only paypal, amazon and google checkout...
    I have gotten it through paypal but I don't feel comfortable with it.

To be clear - the game engines were open sourced, not the entire games. Which means that all of the content - artwork, levels, etc. still require buying the game.

Well over 28k purchases so far and Linux users (like last time) are so far by far the most generous. It warms my open sourced heart to see us penguin supporters give generously.

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    The games in this second Humble Indie Bundle include Braid, Cortex Command, Mechanarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans. The game titles aren't too amazing, but they're all natively available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
    What is that supposed to mean, not too amazing? Just because it's not from Phoronix favorite "Linux company" Valve?

I never played Braid, but almost everyone gives it high remarks, and now it's available for Linux! Also Revenge of the Titans looks fun.

Yeah, you're right, my memory is failing me.

The engines were opensourced for everything except World of Goo. Now it's coming back......

BTW, Osmos is an amazing game. I was looking forward to it, but never got around buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdilznik View Post
    Well over 28k purchases so far and Linux users (like last time) are so far by far the most generous. It warms my open sourced heart to see us penguin supporters give generously.
    I gave $25

I bought it too, but basically i want to know if there will be one or more game become opensource when a certain limit is reached. This time no open source statement is on the website...

I bought the first one, the only game worth while was Goo IMHO and that was over in a afternoon.

Come on, with that price, how can any came not be worthwhile? You could get the whole bundle for $1 if you wanted?