Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Come on, with that price, how can any came not be worthwhile? You could get the whole bundle for $1 if you wanted?
    My time is worth more then $1.

BTW, Osmos is an amazing game. I was looking forward to it, but never got around buying it.
    Yeah that game is really chill and tons of fun. Not something I get wrapped up in for weeks at a time but a nice change of pace for a couple hours here and a couple hours there.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    I bought the first one, the only game worth while was Goo IMHO and that was over in a afternoon.
    i don't buy the last one only because i have allready buyed world of goo.

and the other games are not in my taste.

the new bundle i really checkt out every game on youtube and with a big good will but its hard for me... very hard.

maybe i spend 100% to the EFF and vote for linux...

on the other side there are good opensource games for my money spend on..

Looks like there was less quality control on this bundle, unfortunately. Cortex Command doesn't work*, Osmos's menu font is still broken, and Braid apparently gives a cryptic message about a missing OpenGL Extension (haven't been able to download this one yet). Hopefully there will be patches, though it's highly doubtful that Cortex Command will receive any update any time soon, given the developer's record. Not a big loss though.. if nothing else, I paid for Osmos and Machinarium and got a nice bonus (RotT).

Code:
    Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:

Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text
    Also, the Mojo(?) installer fails and reverts everything if the install path contains spaces.

Small update to my last post since I can't edit: it seems that the 32bit version of Cortex Command works, Braid is only offered in 32bit and doesn't work with r300g, and finally, people are trying to advertise through the Top Contributors list. That's hilarious!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by W3ird_N3rd View Post
    I hope Machinarium will be in the bundle. I'd like to buy it but $20 is a bit too much for me.
    My prayers have been heard!
    I hope they put Osmos in
    Your prayers have been heard as well!

Thank you, gods of gaming, for hearing our prayers!

Bought the bundle for $25. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Xipeos View Post
    Small update to my last post since I can't edit: it seems that the 32bit version of Cortex Command works, Braid is only offered in 32bit and doesn't work with r300g, and finally, people are trying to advertise through the Top Contributors list. That's hilarious!!
    Personally, I don't mind that.
    If someone wants to drop a few hundred towards these indie devs and some charities in return for a URL in a list, I'm all for it

Just received the bundle as a gift, will be gifting it in turn to a few friends for the standard price.

I bought the first one, the only game worth while was Goo IMHO and that was over in a afternoon.
    You're kidding, right? Aquaria, for example, didn't resemble any amateurish work, even the story itself was narrated in a climatic way.

I didn't like Lugaru HD, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xipeos View Post
    Looks like there was less quality control on this bundle, unfortunately. Cortex Command doesn't work* [...]

Code:
    Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:

Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text
    Also, the Mojo(?) installer fails and reverts everything if the install path contains spaces.
    I'm told by a long time Cortex Command beta tester that this is an old and relatively common problem seen in the Windows version too. He says restarting the game or reinstalling it almost always fixes it. It's supposed to be very rare - most testers don't encounter it.

My time is worth more then $1.
    Since you liked World of Goo then, your 1$ and your time wasn't in vain...