Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: NVIDIA 260.19.26 Linux Driver Released

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,373

    Default NVIDIA 260.19.26 Linux Driver Released

    Phoronix: NVIDIA 260.19.26 Linux Driver Released

    Two weeks after NVIDIA had put out their unannounced 260.19.21 Linux driver, they have returned to the web and have officially released the NVIDIA 260.19.26 graphics driver for Linux x86/x86_64 along with Solaris and FreeBSD operating systems...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODkxMg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,607

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee. FL
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Still no SLI or overclocking support for Fermi cards, weak...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcharron View Post
    Still no SLI or overclocking support for Fermi cards, weak...
    Oh you stop whining while AMD's card can't even do proper 2D, or keep the system running for some days without hard cock up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRider View Post
    Oh you stop whining while AMD's card can't even do proper 2D, or keep the system running for some days without hard cock up.
    Nvidia's driver has been stable for a long time and they rarely add new features. Fermi users have been asking for OC and SLI support for more than half a year now because they expected it to work when they bought their card just like it would with other Nvidia products. In this driver they have added a new feature and what is it...? 3D Vision Pro support that barely will be used.

    While it's good to have it on Linux, maybe Nvidia should change their priority list a little and first bring the customers what they ask for and then the extras...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulukai View Post
    In this driver they have added a new feature and what is it...? 3D Vision Pro support that barely will be used.
    While it's good to have it on Linux, maybe Nvidia should change their priority list a little and first bring the customers what they ask for and then the extras...
    IMO 3D Vision is more important than SLI.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Soot, I was struggling between a HD 6950 and GTX 570, now HD 6950 is out and it's driver looks like to be eons to go and 570's driver is right here! Gonna buy the 570 soon as xmas treat!

  8. #8

    Default

    The unannounced driver was 260.19.26, not 260.19.21.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Just run 3dmark11 with wine

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    145

    Default

    SLI is in fact interesting for the professional market, for workstations using powerful Quadro-boards.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •