Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: To the AMD people: Money wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gps4l View Post
    Some people in this thread really get on my nerves.

When somebody has at least for some part a valid complained, he is told to go get windows.
    No, you're only told to use Windows if you complain about running windows games.

Firefox problems are a legitimate complaint (for fglrx), as is tearing (on fglrx). Nobody told anyone to use windows because of those.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    No, you're only told to use Windows if you complain about running windows games.

Firefox problems are a legitimate complaint (for fglrx), as is tearing (on fglrx). Nobody told anyone to use windows because of those.
    Finally, the voice of reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr James View Post
    The 10.12 driver is exactly the same for me as every previous release - just double the download size. I am not "seeing" the extra size do anything...
    Just to make sure all bases are covered and it's actually the driver, it is using fglrx, right? What does glxinfo say? (Does AMD still use fgl_glxinfo or whatever it was called?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Just to make sure all bases are covered and it's actually the driver, it is using fglrx, right? What does glxinfo say? (Does AMD still use fgl_glxinfo or whatever it was called?)
    fglrxinfo

/

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
    What drivers are you using? Upgrade to fglrx 10.12, it's quite a bit better all around.
    I will, but when I went to the AMD site yesterday, and selected 64 bit Linux, it showed me the 10.11 driver.

There was some good news too, after a kernel update, I had not have to re install the ati drivers.

With nvidia, I always had to re install the nvidia drivers after a kernel update.

But the firefox problem really pisses me off.

We cant expect AMD and opesuse to test every program there is, but damn, firefox, which has a native linux vesion, should just work.

I will not whine about wine, but I have two games here I want to run on wine. ( they do not run on win7 32 bit )
    Both Direct X 9 games, so I am optimistic.

I don't care about the size of the driver. But that might be because I am lucky to live in the Netherlands.
    There is a strong competition overhere, between the telephone companies ADSL, and the cable companies. ( because 95 % of the dutch can choose if they want internet from the cable or the telephone company.

Now I have for 45 euro's a month, Internet, telephone and TV.
    Internet 1.5 MB up and 25 MB down.

I got a lousy 3 gigabyte per month limit 3G mobile broadband for a ridiculously expensive price. Can't get ADSL in the country I reside in currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr James View Post
    I got a lousy 3 gigabyte per month limit 3G mobile broadband for a ridiculously expensive price. Can't get ADSL in the country I reside in currently...
    I realize I am lucky. It's an advantage of a small tight populated country.

Because of the competition, all (not for telephones) internet subscription are flat rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    ..If I feel the support/resources/money seems low for what you get, then why can't one criticize that? Is AMD not a big company?..
    So true. Just 4 Developers for VGA driver. I recall making drivers are something that difficult, is it not? And VGA driver among the hardest one to write (program).

Sigh. I want to enjoy near perfect linux-AMD-open-source-driver ASAP.

For clarity, there are 10-30 developers working on the open source driver at any given time, although the core group is probably 5-6 FTEs.

Most of those developers do not work for AMD but that doesn't make their work any less valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    For clarity, there are 10-30 developers working on the open source driver at any given time, although the core group is probably 5-6 FTEs.

Most of those developers do not work for AMD but that doesn't make their work any less valuable.
    Well Amd has still got my sympathy.

Even if it were only 4 people, that's still 4 more then nvidia.