Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: For Those Hoping To See UT3 On Linux This Holiday...

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    this is probably good news, it was like duke nukem forever...
    However, DNF is about to be shipping...for real... So you're going to get people hoping...even now. (Sigh...)

    Unless they've got a big licensee wanting a Linux version for their UT3 title, that'll pay the money owed to finish it, it's not happening.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    That I imagine has more to do with EA acquiring Bioware then Bioware themselves.
    It's a bit different from things than that, but you're barking up the right tree there deanjo... Main reason for NWN2 not having a Linux version wasn't Bioware or Obsidian- it was Atari. Remind yourself of that, folks.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    It's a bit different from things than that, but you're barking up the right tree there deanjo... Main reason for NWN2 not having a Linux version wasn't Bioware or Obsidian- it was Atari. Remind yourself of that, folks.
    Well we don't have a port of Dragon's Age either and that was done by Bioware.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Well we don't have a port of Dragon's Age either and that was done by Bioware.
    And that was EA's doing there. However...not all's lost. They DO know about Linux and I've been told by a good source in EA's support group several titles that're known to properly work with WINE on Linux and they'd try to work with you at least a little bit if you ran afoul of a problem with it.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    And that was EA's doing there. However...not all's lost. They DO know about Linux and I've been told by a good source in EA's support group several titles that're known to properly work with WINE on Linux and they'd try to work with you at least a little bit if you ran afoul of a problem with it.
    Ya Bioware's titles at least have usually been "WINE friendly".

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Ya Bioware's titles at least have usually been "WINE friendly".
    To a degree.

    Mass Effect 2 doesn't quite bind the mouse properly. Or didn't in 1.3.4ish when I tried it on OS X. Seems to be a Wine issue rather than XQuartz.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    However, DNF is about to be shipping...for real... So you're going to get people hoping...even now. (Sigh...)

    Unless they've got a big licensee wanting a Linux version for their UT3 title, that'll pay the money owed to finish it, it's not happening.
    umm, why make an effort for UT3, since we will do this all over again for UT4, might as well wait for that.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    umm, why make an effort for UT3, since we will do this all over again for UT4, might as well wait for that.
    Because with the effort of porting UT3 to linux there comes a real possibility of seeing many of the UDK projects ported as well.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Sue Epic games

    If you bought this game intending to play it on Llunx you should sue Epic games. They promised that a Linux client was coming and urged people to buy the windows versions in the meantime. That is just dirty. The Linux community really needs to stick it to lying companies that give us the shaft or we will always have a crappy selection when it comes to games. At a minimum epic should be boycotted.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debiant View Post
    At a minimum epic should be boycotted.
    Already done

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •