Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots Of The New Unigine-Based Linux Game

Hybrid View

Default Screenshots Of The New Unigine-Based Linux Game

Phoronix: Screenshots Of The New Unigine-Based Linux Game

This morning we reported that another Linux game was announced and it's using the Unigine Engine. While not too many details are known yet about this fantasy role playing game (RPG), Dilogus: The Winds of War, we do have some screenshots to now share...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODkyNA

These aren't screenshots. They're concept art.

Completely and utterly different things.

These aren't even guaranteed to be used for the final game. Concept art is usually generated in massive quantities, the "best" items in terms of both quality and feasibility are selected, and then initial content is built from those. That content is then further refined and cut based on quality (fun factor) and feasibility.

A fantasy RPG on Linux with decent graphics?

A tear came to my eye.

OMG, this week is to hard for my linux gamer heart.

That's concept art, it doesn't actually show the game's graphics.

Good screenshots but it's not Unigine engine - they are rendered offline in some visualization application like 3DS Max/Maya/something else.

Well whatever they are, it's enough for me. I will buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    Good screenshots but it's not Unigine engine - they are rendered offline in some visualization application like 3DS Max/Maya/something else.
    The stuff on the Digital Arrow page is actually screenshots from way back, when this was a Crytek mod. The stuff on the Dilogus page itself is just concept art.

And those screenshots on the Digital Arrow page are straight from the engine, no Maya.

Quote Originally Posted by OggVorbis View Post
    The stuff on the Digital Arrow page is actually screenshots from way back, when this was a Crytek mod. The stuff on the Dilogus page itself is just concept art.

And those screenshots on the Digital Arrow page are straight from the engine, no Maya.
    Have they taken those images down? http://www.indiedb.com/company/digital-arrow/images just gives me:

We're sorry, but no images were found in the gallery requested.

Hello there.

The new images released recently, are concept art. However, the images that were up in the Digital Arrow profile gallery were images from the old Crysis mod days - but we had to remove them due the fact that we are now a standalone game on Unigine. We had to do this to ensure there is no clash between us and Crytek.

Hope this clears up things.

We are soon going to showcase content straight from Unigine. I cannot give an exact ETA, but I can tell it's going to be soon.

Also, thank You all for the kind words, you are awesome!

Norbert Varga,
    CEO - Digital Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Desiderium View Post
    Hello there.

The new images released recently, are concept art. However, the images that were up in the Digital Arrow profile gallery were images from the old Crysis mod days - but we had to remove them due the fact that we are now a standalone game on Unigine. We had to do this to ensure there is no clash between us and Crytek.

Hope this clears up things.

We are soon going to showcase content straight from Unigine. I cannot give an exact ETA, but I can tell it's going to be soon.

Also, thank You all for the kind words, you are awesome!

Norbert Varga,
    CEO - Digital Arrow
    Don't worry, it's not screenshots we're waiting to spend money on
    Best of luck to you guys, we're really short on good RPGs these days.