Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: the new 6970 is handmaded :

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Ya, I chuckled when I read about that. Some heatsink engineer somewhere was asleep at the wheel when he designed the cooling solution.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Well, I guess at least it won't burn like some nVidia 9xxx series cards did in the past...

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Well, I guess at least it won't burn like some nVidia 9xxx series cards did in the past...
    Na it will just do a direct short to the HSF instead on some since chances of all the heatsinks lining up exactly the same and the hand grinding being done by individuals.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Na it will just do a direct short to the HSF instead on some since chances of all the heatsinks lining up exactly the same and the hand grinding being done by individuals.
    I just hope these cards aren't being "handmade" by children in China (Either RoC or PRC)... (not kidding, really!)

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I just hope these cards aren't being "handmade" by children in China (Either RoC or PRC)... (not kidding, really!)

    Cheers
    Probably using Santa's slave elf labor.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    The article (once translated) talks about being hand made and filed. The picture shown does NOT support this. The picture shows that a corner of the power plug was MELTED, most likely a result of the soldering apparatus not being lifted sufficiently when the card is rolled out and subsequently impacting against it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •