Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Surprise: What's On My Linux Gaming Desktop?

Drops jaws...

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    I hope that the interface style will be more refined in the final game. Don't really like the style of the buttons and other ui controls; they're okay for benchmarks and demos but not a polished gaming interface.
    There are 4 generations of GUI style in this build, Michael captured the oldest one =)

Actually this build was used today for focus-testing, so we concentrated mainly on the gameplay.

Very nice! Both the images and the less direct mention of we-all-know-what.

BTW, is that World of Padman running in the first pic?

Oil Rush is cool and all, but I think it's more interesting that Michael uses an iPhone instead of an Android phone.

Default beta test

Quote Originally Posted by binstream View Post
    There are 4 generations of GUI style in this build, Michael captured the oldest one =)

Actually this build was used today for focus-testing, so we concentrated mainly on the gameplay.
    Need anymore testers at this point? I have a GTX 480 (probably a 580 sometime in the near future), an i7 980x, and 12 gigs of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by hiryu View Post
    Need anymore testers at this point? I have a GTX 480 (probably a 580 sometime in the near future), an i7 980x, and 12 gigs of memory.
    No, thank you. It was on-site testing in our studio, spent all day today on that.

We plan to start pre-orderring OilRush with access to the early builds soon, but we need to record and cut some gameplay videos first.

I hope the gameplay shapes up to the expectations!

I can't wait to test beta!

Angry

What a coincidence, UT3 finally is denied, and very soon after that, there are "subtle" comments about Steam for Linux, Half-Life and Left 4 Dead.

Site owner, are you really that desperate for some audience? Are you so dependent on "publicity stunts" to get some more "advertisements viewing"?

More than 2 years waiting for that famous FPS Linux client is more than enough, don't repeat the trick again or you will lose the last inches of "respect" I still have for this site (based on some articles, the benchmarks, etc...) if you keep tainting your reputation with idiocy.

Phoronix is becoming too much of a stupid "Linux Tabloid".

I think it should be pointed out that Michael was referring to WINE when he made those last comments

Quote Originally Posted by marakaid View Post
    What a coincidence, UT3 finally is denied, and very soon after that, there are "subtle" comments about Steam for Linux, Half-Life and Left 4 Dead.

Site owner, are you really that desperate for some audience? Are you so dependent on "publicity stunts" to get some more "advertisements viewing"?

More than 2 years waiting for that famous FPS Linux client is more than enough, don't repeat the trick again or you will lose the last inches of "respect" I still have for this site (based on some articles, the benchmarks, etc...) if you keep tainting your reputation with idiocy.

Phoronix is becoming too much of a stupid "Linux Tabloid".
    You realise that phoronix is just giving you the facts? Those screenshots of steam were real and at no point did they say that steam is surely coming to linux.