Thread: Linux 2.6.37-rc8 Kernel Ends Out The Year

Default Linux 2.6.37-rc8 Kernel Ends Out The Year

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.37-rc8 Kernel Ends Out The Year

For those hoping Linux 2.6.37-rc7 was the last release candidate of the Linux 2.6.37 kernel before going gold, it's not. Linus this evening decided to go ahead and make a Linux 2.6.37-rc8 release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODk2MA

I've been using .37 for a couple of weeks now. I haven't really noticed any major performance/responsiveness improvements. I immediately looked for the rest of the desktop responsiveness stuff that partially made it into .36. I've also been compiling without BKL, but nothing feels too different. (My webcam -- v4l -- still works though so maybe I did something wrong). I'm using a AMD Phenom II X4 965 though, so maybe I need to test on a slower computer.

On the downside I still have problems with r8169 after suspends/resumes and reboots. Also, still have problems with the screen coming back after resume (radeon) - need to play around with ctrl+alt+f1 -> ctrl+alt+f7 to get it back. Sometimes it doesn't come back at all (mouse/keyboard lights are also dead in this case).

I was also hoping to see some refinement of vgaswitcheroo, but still have problems when the other card is powered off, and with the backlights.

Have you reported any of these bugs upstream?