Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mesa 7.10, Mesa 7.9.1 Released To The Wild

Nice job. Blur effect for KDE 4.5 works fine on my 3870. I will test them more soon

I recently switched to r600 card, and migrated my system to 64bit. I had a problems with wine before:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31232
    but recently I've compiled 32bit mesa and libraries and the problem still remains: can not play wine games with gallium driver. I do hope mesa-7.11 will fix this.

Also, anyone knows what's the status with xvmc? Will it be merged soon into main mesa?

Quote Originally Posted by pejakm View Post
    Also, anyone knows what's the status with xvmc? Will it be merged soon into main mesa?
    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/004731.html

Sounds like it's getting there, but i wouldn't expect it for a little while longer.

Thanks, smitty. I know the development goes as fast as it can, but still, I'm very eager to try those new high tech things.

Quote Originally Posted by pejakm View Post
    I recently switched to r600 card, and migrated my system to 64bit. I had a problems with wine before:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31232
    but recently I've compiled 32bit mesa and libraries and the problem still remains: can not play wine games with gallium driver. I do hope mesa-7.11 will fix this.

Wine needs OGL3+, and generally due to the overhead you need to chuck hardware at games to work.

FOSS drivers are not really going to be a good choice for WINE unless something major happens.

Wine doesn't need GL3+ as long as you are not using a product based on D3D10/11.

I remember a discussion in the past where it was mentioned that Wine will use GL3 features even for DX9 games to improve performance, but doesn't *need* GL3.

My recollection was that there were a few extensions from GL 3 and 4 which could be useful for DX9 programs (generally GPU options related to DX vs GL conventions) but AFAIK those have already been implemented in Mesa and the HW drivers. Take this with a grain of salt though...

Yes, the DX9 features that are GL3-only have already been implemented in Mesa and are available in all drivers as extensions in GL2.1.

Default What about direct3D ?

Does anyone know what is going on with direct3D state tracker ? I would have expected to either see something in the release notes about it, or some message about it being removed.