Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dirk Meyer resigns from AMD

Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    Financially, yes time will tell.
    Technically it seems to be doing just fine, with raving reviews. The power usage is certainly a big plus, looking forward to something else than intel-based notebooks from OEM selling Linux systems.
    "Technically" the current fusions are old tech for the most part. While they offer a tempting alternative to a Atom setup, the CPU is still hanging onto a 8 year old base architecture that has a hard time trying to keep pace with even an old Core 2. This isn't even the first time a x86 cpu manufacturer put graphics onboard with the cpu (Cyrix did it over a decade ago). Despite there being a pretty good selection of Fusion systems out there the feedback that I have been getting is that the atom based netbooks are still dominating in sales despite being equivalent price.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    "Technically" the current fusions are old tech for the most part. While they offer a tempting alternative to a Atom setup, the CPU is still hanging onto a 8 year old base architecture that has a hard time trying to keep pace with even an old Core 2. This isn't even the first time a x86 cpu manufacturer put graphics onboard with the cpu (Cyrix did it over a decade ago). Despite there being a pretty good selection of Fusion systems out there the feedback that I have been getting is that the atom based netbooks are still dominating in sales despite being equivalent price.
    sure but what is your problem with an old cpu architectur?

this only means you pay less for that stuff.

if i compare atom vs fusion i buy a fusion one

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    sure but what is your problem with an old cpu architectur?

this only means you pay less for that stuff.

if i compare atom vs fusion i buy a fusion one
    I wouldn't, at least for linux uses until there is some hardware decode acceleration, otherwise I'm better off with an Ion solution or a cheap cpu and discreet nvidia card.