Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its Official...!! GA release on 14th Jan 2010

OK, I am officially not a skeptic anymore. You have my support!

Quick question: Was the code brought fwd to 2.6.37?

Default permission problem with newly created file/directory

Trying out the GA on my zfs-fuse pools.. somehow any file/directory created while using the GA, the permission is always "0000". where can i file a bug report regarding this or is it a known issue.

ps. i am on amd64 ubuntu 10.10 server btw.

Quote Originally Posted by xyzzyx View Post
    Trying out the GA on my zfs-fuse pools.. somehow any file/directory created while using the GA, the permission is always "0000". where can i file a bug report regarding this or is it a known issue.

ps. i am on amd64 ubuntu 10.10 server btw.
    further testing... this doesn't happen on newly created pool and filesystem... only happen on pools created with zfs-fuse and imported with zfs-linux.

OK. tested the 2.6.35.10. The build fails on 2.6.36 and 2.6.37. This is going to be a recurring issue.

Anyway, I am happy to report that native zfs on Linux 2.6.35.10 boots fine as a root filesystem. Haven't seen anything odd so far.

Quote Originally Posted by xyzzyx View Post
    further testing... this doesn't happen on newly created pool and filesystem... only happen on pools created with zfs-fuse and imported with zfs-linux.
    Same observation here. I was looking forward to retaining my pools but it looks like I will have to wait.

But this is looking good already! The performance is much better compared to zfs-fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by devsk View Post
    Same observation here. I was looking forward to retaining my pools but it looks like I will have to wait.

But this is looking good already! The performance is much better compared to zfs-fuse.
    Yup.. think you are quite right...
    i've try upgrading to pools to v28.. same permission issue...
    create a new pool with zfs-linux and zfs send form my backup pool (created with zfs-fuse).. no dice... same permission issue upon completion...
    so now i am rsyncing form my backup... looks good so far...

Is native raid-z supported? Compression?