Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballistics has gone Gold- demo now available...

Hybrid View

Default Ballistics has gone Gold- demo now available...

LinuxGames got the scoop from Michael- since it's pretty much official, I thought I would spread it elsewhere for people to go get the demo, etc. I know there's been quite a few people wanting to see this game out and available. Head on over to http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/info.php?id=13& and get the demo.

Oh, as an aside... LGP has quite a few things coming out soon... NICE STUFF. >:-)

Will it run on a Geforce 2?

Congrats on another product!

Yay another 7 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Yay another 7 year old game.
    You know, if I had a dollar for each and every time I heard that line...

The reality is, it's not 7 years old for Linux- only for Windows. Now, if you're a Windows user, that might be a big deal, but if it plays well, looks good, who honestly cares how old it is? I'm playing it. If I wasn't one of LGP's consultants, I'd be buying it.

Heh... Try the demo, buy it if you like it. If not, it's just not your cup of tea- I'm not going to twist your arm to buy it.

We're going to be able to make you happier about things fairly quickly. (Yes, we've got some "newer" games in development right now- VERY "newer"... )
    Last edited by Svartalf; 05-17-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    You know, if I had a dollar for each and every time I heard that line...

The reality is, it's not 7 years old for Linux- only for Windows. Now, if you're a Windows user, that might be a big deal, but if it plays well, looks good, who honestly cares how old it is? I'm playing it. If I wasn't one of LGP's consultants, I'd be buying it.

Heh... Try the demo, buy it if you like it. If not, it's just not your cup of tea- I'm not going to twist your arm to buy it.

We're going to be able to make you happier about things fairly quickly. (Yes, we've got some "newer" games in development right now- VERY "newer"... )
    I tried the demo it and it still looks like it did 7 years ago on my AMD K6-300 / Voodoo card running 98se.

You want to bring a game that is in dire need of a linux port... Look at NWN2. The original NWN is still probably one of the most popular native linux games.

Hehe... Svartalf doing all the teasing here... I hope it does not disappoint!

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    Will it run on a Geforce 2?

Congrats on another product!
    I'd have to drop one in one of my machines to find out. I think it will, but you're going to need more CPU muscle to make it play nicer. It runs cleanly and smoothly enough with a GeForce3 class or better GPU. I know that much.

I'd have to drop one in one of my machines to find out. I think it will, but you're going to need more CPU muscle to make it play nicer. It runs cleanly and smoothly enough with a GeForce3 class or better GPU. I know that much.
    I've had some of the recent LGP demos not work at all with my Geforce 2 in the past... but Cold War just kept freezing my Radeon Linux box. So, I'm just going to keep using this nice old nVidia hardware. Please do tell me if it works.

Keep the great stuff coming in! Linux needs something.

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    I've had some of the recent LGP demos not work at all with my Geforce 2 in the past... but Cold War just kept freezing my Radeon Linux box. So, I'm just going to keep using this nice old nVidia hardware. Please do tell me if it works.

Keep the great stuff coming in! Linux needs something.
    Hm... I'd love to get a list of those demos- technically, the GeForce2 is missing some of the things that several of our titles need, but that should be caught unless the driver's mis-reporting features (It's happened with both NVidia and AMD's drivers (when they were ATI...) in the past- I'm sure it still happens from time to time. Regression testing sometimes lets things slip past...). As for your Radeon box, what model Radeon would this be?