Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: The Phoronix Forums Have Been Upgraded

  1. #111
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    So, how about that checkbox that lets us change to a different forum theme? Could you please change that? Or at least acknowledge you will? There's a number of us that would really appreciate it.
    Geez, give the guy some time. It has only been a week.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Geez, give the guy some time. It has only been a week.
    Err...is a week not greater than the minute required to check an option? I don't see how he's being rushed, here....

  3. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    So, how about that checkbox that lets us change to a different forum theme? Could you please change that? Or at least acknowledge you will? There's a number of us that would really appreciate it.
    It's on my TODO list.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Err...is a week not greater than the minute required to check an option? I don't see how he's being rushed, here....
    Presumably he wants to make any alternate themes look good, so he isn't bombarded with complaints about how terrible the new one is, and how it would be so much better if blah, blah, blah, was exactly how I like it. Because you know that's exactly what's going to happen anyway.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Err...is a week not greater than the minute required to check an option? I don't see how he's being rushed, here....
    If you're really that impatient then try my theme, it's a page or two back and I'll be updating it tomorrow as I just got a few more screenshots of the old look.

    Far from perfect but it works.

    I'm also looking for a way to remove an empty space between two elements if anyone knows...

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djhg2000 View Post
    I'm also looking for a way to remove an empty space between two elements if anyone knows...
    Well, it rather depends on why the elements aren't together in the first place. float:left or right might help, or might not.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Well, it rather depends on why the elements aren't together in the first place. float:left or right might help, or might not.
    Or top:10px; left:10px is another way - assuming the elements are relatively positioned it will adjust their location by that much.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's on my TODO list.
    Cool, thanks! Good to hear.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    780

    Default

    I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but the forum search will not find any post written prior to the forum upgrade. It appears that the search index needs to be regenerated from scratch. Michael, can you please look into it?

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but the forum search will not find any post written prior to the forum upgrade. It appears that the search index needs to be regenerated from scratch. Michael, can you please look into it?
    I second this. Search does not return anything prior to the upgrade.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •